WARGAMES

26TH NOVEMBER 2022

Tonight I would be facing Shotzi, and my tag partner and wife would be facing each other, among their fellow teams for tonight  during the women's wargames match. I was nervous, there were people I cared about on both teams tonight, and, I was facing a good friend with the risk of losing my title to her, and I was conflicted about the entire night that was ahead of us. 

I had gotten myself ready a while ago and just got off the phone with Ben, who had invited Venus over to our house to watch the matches tonight. But now I was sitting backstage with Demi, waiting for our corresponding matches.

Gear, makeup, Hairstyle:

(shorter though)

(shorter though)

"Looking gorgeous as always" she said, sitting down next to me on the storage box I was on. I smiled at her and rested my head on her shoulder. "This feels weird" I began "you know, we're both in gear and not attacking each other" I said with a chuckle, she smiled and laughed in return "I know, but, it's nice, like when we were in the judgement day together-" "Dem, I'm not coming back, I can't, not with the Mysterio storyline going on" she sighed "I know, I just, miss you" "I miss you too, it's just not a great situation" I smiled. Just as her lips met mine we were interrupted by crew "Rhea, you're on in five" she pulled away from me "perfect timing" she grumbled rolling her eyes, causing me to laugh. "Good luck" I replied, watching her leave. One by one Damage CTRL, Rhea, Nikki Cross, Bianca, Asuka, Alexa, Becky Lynch and Mia Yim entered their assigned cages based on their teams and I watched their match unfold through a monitor screen.

The match was brutal, Rhea was a victim of Asuka's mist and her team lost to Bianca's team. I still had a while before my match and I decided to give bianca a quick congratulations but focus mostly on helping Demi get the mist out of her eyes. The problem was, I couldn't find her. I began circling backstage and eventually found her by her locker, trying to get the mist out of her eyes, three empty bottles of water on the floor, Two full ones in her locker, one in her hands and a white towel that had been stained blue in places in her other hand. She was struggling. "Hey let me help" I said taking the bottle from her hand "Look up" I said and she complied, I wet a corner of the towel and began to wipe the mist from around her eyelids, in order to stop the mist from  dripping into her eyes again, then I told her to prepare herself, and poured some of the water into her eyes to stop some of the irritation. 

She dried her face and thanked me just before I got called to gorilla. Not long after I was entering the ring and Handing my title over to the ref. A minute later the bell rang and we were straight in a collar-elbow hold to gain advantage. I won the advantage by pulling her into a headlock and immediately bouncing her head off the canvas by jumping to my knees. The moment she was on the floor I put her in my submission lock and shotzi began to panic but eventually settle herself and dragged herself over to the ropes, forcing me to break the hold. She pulled herself out of the ring and I followed behind, to which she responded with a kick to my jaw. This was the rapid reflex and unpredictable nature of Shotzi that gave her the upper hand in a lot of her matches, and it's what I almost forgot to look out for. She threw me back into the ring and began her spitfire offence that was difficult to keep up with and it showed when I just barely kicked out of her pin. The second I kicked from her pin she jumped up and sprang against the ropes but I was also quick to Jump up into a dropkick as she ran towards me. I stood up and walked around the ring, basking in the cheers that roared as I pointed towards the top turnbuckle. Without hesitation I sprang up to the top turnbuckle and performed a moonsault onto Shotzi, lifting her leg up for the count of three. "HERE IS YOUR WINNER, AND STILL! THE SMACKDOWN WOMEN'S CHAMPION, JINXXXX" Samantha Irwin roared into her mic while my title was being handed back to me. The match finished quicker than I thought it would, but I was still grateful to face Shotzi, as we hadn't gone against each other very often. I paid my respects to her, helping her up and giving her a hug before leaving the ring for the night. The moment I stepped backstage I was greeted by Demi, holding my phone out to me with one notification. A message, from Espie. it read  "call me." 

I didn't know what to do. I just sat there, frozen. 

A/N it is with heavy heart that I say Rest in peace to Windham Lawrence Rotunda, better known as Bray Wyatt, He is unfortunately gone, but never will he be forgotten, a life taken to soon by the horrific end of heart attacks. The WWE will never be the same without him and it is a shame that he lost his life so soon. My condolences go out to his family and I dedicate this chapter to him.

Windham Lawrence Rotunda 

23rd May 1987-24th August 2023