early return

17th JUNE 2022

Waking up the next morning, I felt completely terrible, I was hungover and the want to see my children was growing stronger by the second. I didn't want to leave. I really didn't but Demi knew that I was getting homesick, and she knew that I wouldn't last another day without snapping at her and I didn't want any arguments to end the get away, besides I had received an e-mail from Adam, saying that me and Demi needed to attend a meeting about the judgment day. For whatever reason. There was also a meet and greet coming up for the RAW superstars, and the Judgment Day were expected to be there. So, as much as we hated to do it, we were packing our things, ready to leave. I knew Demi was a bit bummed out by it, so was I, so I was making sure that she was satisfied with where we were leaving. I was doing little thing, thing I knew would bring her spirits up, like wearing the sheer robe I knew she loved while we were packing, or coming up behind her and kissing her neck and behind her ears, which I knew were sensitive, just to make sure she was happy. "you know. If you continue kissing me like that, we won't be going home." She finally said, zipping up the bag that she was packing. "you also have to get dressed, no one else is allowed to see you wearing that but me." she stood and made her way over to me, crouching down by my ear "because you're mine. No one else's." her voice was soft and sent shivers down my spine, causing me to gasp. she smiled and pulled away from my ear, but not before planting a few kisses along my neck. My cheeks heated up into a dark pink blush that I had no chance of hiding. she was right though, I had to get dressed before all of my clothes were packed up. Luckily, I had laid out my outfit on the bed before beginning my packing, now I knew she was satisfied, I could get changed.   

I returned to packing the final items while Demi took the bags to the car

I returned to packing the final items while Demi took the bags to the car. I tied my hair back into a loose bun and took my bag to the car, placing it in the backseat and joining Demi at the front of the car, sitting myself in the passenger seat. "I'm sorry we had to cut this short Dem" I sighed as she started to revers. I would be able to tell if she was annoyed by her tone of voice. "Nah, it's alright. A mother needs her babies and besides, we have that meet and greet, and that meeting." she was genuinely alright with leaving early, she didn't blame me for it. I could relax. the drive home didn't take too long and when we arrived home, Ben, Venus and Maya were stood, waiting for us. "MOMMY!!" Maya shouted as she ran into my arms, I scooped her into the air and walked over to my son. "hey bud. You missed me?" I asked with a laugh, he didn't use words but the way he threw his arms around me gave me the answer I needed. 

"Ve, how's your dad?" I said, patting their head. They shrugged "he's okay. They're  discharging him soon." "you don't wanna go back to him? You wanna stay here" I asked, noticing the lack of enthusiasm in their voice. "Can't. you're not my parents. when he's discharged I'll have to go back" They sighed. "you're welcome here anytime though. okay?"  they laughed and nodded, before heading inside. It was a shame that our getaway had to be cut short, but I much preferred staying home with my kids, but I was also certain that I was going to get stressed a lot quicker now. We now had  to worry about what the meeting was for. Meetings with Adam usually meant bad news but I had a good idea on what it was about. Betraying Edge. It lingered in the back of my mind as the day went by. but I knew that it would be over in the morning anyway, for now I was focused on spending time with my children, I had cooked up some KFC-Style chicken and fries and let Demi pick a few movies with the kids while I plated everything up, handing everyone a plate before seating myself next to Demi on the couch. "now, I know we said movie night, but has anyone here seen dragonball?" she asked looking around for everyone's reaction. "I have, not all of it, but enough." I replied, but our children were clueless. It was perfect for Dem because it allowed the kids to explore new shows, and she was able to watch one of her favourite shows. She flipped through the 'Crunchyroll' pages until she scrolled into the dragonball franchise. We began to watch the English Dub, I preferred the OG with captions but it made it a little easier for the kids to follow along so I didn't mind. 

I noticed how much the kids were enjoying themselves, but I also had to keep in mind that it was a school night, so once the clock hit eight I put Maya to sleep. Then sending ben and Venus up at ten to make sure they were tired and they would both go to sleep easy enough. When I came back downstairs Demi had changed the channel into a horror movie, I snuggled up to her and pulled a blanket over the two of us as the opening credits ended. Getting further through the movie, I could see my wife forcing her eyes open to stay awake. That was my call to lead her to bed, I gently shook her and took her hand, she remained close to my chest as I took her upstairs and undressed her, changing her into pyjamas before getting changed myself. Leaving the lodge Early wasn't my original plan, but it ultimately benefitted all of us, I got to see my  children, Venus got to see us before they had to go back to their Dad, Demi got to bond with her family and it couldn't get any better than where we were right no in the moment.