Sister Secrets

17th NOV 2022

The thing that Demi said after the wedding seemed to had lingered in the back of my mind since and I couldn't hold it off any longer; we were leaving for the airport early tomorrow morning and this was my last chance to ask Espie about it in person. I told my sister that I wanted to go out for lunch before I left and well, she was happy to come along, but when I told her I just wanted her, and not her husband to join me, she was hesitant at first but after some convincing she, and Kieran agreed to go. She was going to join me at a Costa Café in the town centre and we would go from there. I hadn't told Demi what my true intentions were but she was on to me and I knew it. "so, why now, are you so super interested in seeing your sister all of a sudden?" My wife asked; watching me get dressed "because it's my last day to see her, I don't wanna go without saying goodbye" I replied, she just smiled at me and said "right, we'll go with that then huh" I knew what she meant and I knew she expected me to argue with her but I just rolled my eyes and continued to get ready. 

I tied my hair back in a ponytail and told the kids where I was going; leaving Demi with a quick kiss on the cheek before leaving the hotel

I tied my hair back in a ponytail and told the kids where I was going; leaving Demi with a quick kiss on the cheek before leaving the hotel. Demi said she would be packing and helping the kids pack ready for us to leave later and that's how she would be spending her day. It didn't take long for me to make the centre and when I got there I sat in the café for about five minutes before my sister joined me at my table. We both ordered our drinks and then I got to talking, but not before she said this. "Y/N I love you, but I know you didn't bring me here for 'sisterly bonding' so why?" I chuckled at her "that obvious huh, well, and don't get mad, but Demi said something after the wedding and it's making me question your choice of husband again." "oh god not again, how many times Y/N he is not his brother! why can't you understand that!" She began to raise her voice but I didn't want to draw attention "Look, all I'm saying is the men in that family don't have the best track record. And Demi was saying that-" "I don't give a shit what Demi was saying, she doesn't get to influence my life, neither do you, so just drop it!" I knew that I was pissing her off, it was obvious but I couldn't drop it, if there was something she wasn't telling me then I deserved to have an opinion and find out what it is that she's hiding from me.  "I can't just drop it. I grit my teeth, I held on for you, so if there's something you're not telling me, then I wanna know, now!" "look your wife attacks you and leaves you with bruises almost every week, and I don't say anything to you, so what's the difference!" And there it was, the one thing I hoped she wouldn't say. "the difference is, mine is acting, It's scripted, and she doesn't do it maliciously she breaks down almost every single time she even has to think of hurting me, and the fact that she only does that shit on tv proves that it's strictly work based! So, that's it huh, he hits you?" she looked away and avoided eye contact with me "it's complicated..." "what does that even mean es- he doesn't mean to hurt you? It's pretty fucking hard to accidentally hit someone." "He doesn't remember that he does it pretty much every time he does it." 

"what the hell does that mean?!" I questioned, completely in shock by her explanation so far, "He, has this medication, it's for his reproductive system, we want kids, and he can't produce the way others can. It fucks with his hormones, makes him have wild outbursts,  and then his sleep meds give him amnesia, he doesn't realise what he has done and I can't tell him. he had problems with drinking but he's a lot better, it- it's not his fault. And it would break him if he found out," She was genuine, she didn't want to tell him. "but, Es, he's hurting you.." "I know. but it's not bad, and it's not out of malice" I kinda felt for him, and her, she was right, he wasn't E/N, but he was still hurting my sister and it didn't sit well with me. We began to talk in depth about alternatives, to stop these outbursts but so far non of us had any luck with it. And just as things couldn't get any worse, in burst my brother in law, looking extremely pissed off. "Is he?" I said looking at her as he approached, she didn't respond, she just nodded really quickly. He stormed over and grabbed hold of my sister's arm "we're leaving, come on." he said in a low voice, tugging at my sister's arm, but before she stood up I placed my hand on hers, sitting her back down. "no." I said, looking at him; the anger in his eyes reminded me of E/N but I wasn't scared anymore "no? We don't need your input" "and we don't need you to control her decisions, but here we are" I smiled "Y/N stop." "No, espie, he's not gonna win this time." I stood up, standing toe to toe with my brother in law "you wanna take your anger out on something, take it out on me. I've done this dance before, but not with you. With that brother that you said you weren't like!" I shouted, and with that he snapped back, like he was at the wedding, only this time, he was upset, in himself.

"I hurt you, didn't I?" he said, turning to my sister, who just bowed her head at him, giving the answer he sought after. He took one last look at me before leaving; looking extremely distraught. "Nice" Espie said, sounding pissed off at me "you're blaming me?" "No, I'm blaming that wife of yours, none of this would've happened if she had just kept her fucking mouth shut!" was all she said before leaving. I couldn't believe it, my sister, who had been supportive of my relationship, had just blamed my wife for everything, because her Husband was hurting her, it was bullshit. This had just changed everything....