47

Road.
________________________

"We are so happy you talked to Seungmin hun. Now we have a great business deal with his parents that can benefit the both of us" Jeongin's mother spoke, her voice sounding more sickening and arogant than she probably would have liked.

But Jeongin didn't care about that. He cared that he was actually used to make friendship, with someone he did know. Just for is parents advantages. Henfelt used, like a toy. It felt as if he wasn't anything but a rag doll to his parents.

"So you forced me to communicate with someone for your own advantages?" Jeongin asked quietly, fiddling with his fingers.

He did not was to anger his parents out. He just wanted to be loved for the accomplishments he is able to make, rather than to be forced to accomplish out of his league.

You see. He was never a studious kid. That was why he studied so much to understand one, single, thing. He struggled with practical learning. He learned better visually. Visualizing others doing stuff, made him able to copy and paste, understanding it with his own eyes. But he couldn't do that on a sheet of paper, or a screen with words.

He wasn't smart. But he was not stupid neither. He laid comfortable in the average rank. He liked to read, but he despised being told to read. He loved to solve math problems, but it became a bother when it wouldn't make sense to him.

He was an observant visualizer. Spotting things and details others wouldn't. But he was also weak in the area of craft. He couldn't figure out what 2×2 was if it was simply explained to him. He needed to be showed. He needed to explore fully.

That was who he was as a person. And his parents hated that. They despised he couldn't understand lectures, how he needed to see consequences before understanding. But that didn't work neither. Their form for consequences is isolating their child away from it's needs. A thing that has stuck to him for years.

He felt like a forced introvert.

"Jeongin. Don't pick fights now. You know very well which family your born into, what kind of reputation you need to uphold. And what kind of position you one day would take over" His mothers venomous words spoke.

They sounded like they did not care one bit for him..only for their fame and richess. Why so obsessed? It bothered him.

"But I don't wanna be a CEO, nor a doctor. I wanna be able to explore what I like, I wanna choose what path I wanna take. Why can't I do that?" He exclaimed, a bit loudly to be exact, as he was given a warning sign from his driver.

Jungso.

He was driving the car, picking up the words that were shared.

"Because" his father spoke. Closing the news paper in his hands, as his aura screamed terror. "You are our only son. You will marry a beautiful woman when you take over the company, you will continue, what we have been building for decades, I not centuries. We have always been the number one, in everything. We are important for today's society!" His father spoke, voice louder and more dominant than Jeongin's. Showing who was the authority here.

"So polluting the air with all your factories is important for today's society? Really harming the climate. People think your important, because you are rich, wealthy and born with silverspoons in your mouths. I am tired of following you guys like a duckling barely being able to walk. You do not teach me anything!" He yelled.

He fucking, yelled.

Was it a good job telling his parents off, yes. Did he expect the worst, yes. And would they listen to him?

No.

They wouldn't.

Cause they are selfish. Snobby parents never listen.

"Where have you gotten this attitude from Yang Jeongin?! Have some respect for the elders! Be calm and and relax right now!" His mother raised her voice.

But he didn't listen. He was far from done.

"Why?! Why should I be calm? I have a right to be upset!" Jeongin boiled with anger, he was infuriated.

And he needed to get rid of it, before it got the best of him.

"We said, shut the hell up!" His father yelled loudly. Causing the boy to flinch once his fathers hands banged against the door.

"You have been so disappointing ever since we came home from that business trip. You barely did as much studies as you used too. You woke up barely 20 minutes before school starts, when you know you should be awake atleast an hour before school. You have been having this ugly and pathetic attitude. Do you think we can keep telling you off, you only listen to us! Understand?!" His mother spoke, the boy was quiet as he feared his father's outrage.

"No..I don't.." he spoke quietly, not looking at his parents anymore.

"What Don't understand huh?".

"That you are tormenting your own child, using me to succeed in your own lives. You are sacrificing a child of your own, just to stay at the very top. Do you think I want thay? I don't want no company, I don't want a wife, I do not want kids. And lastly, I definitely do not want to bring down generational trauma onto a child, if I ever actually got one. You can't abuse your power over the public, nor over me. I'm I'm son you never respect. Respect goes both ways, so tell me why I'm not respected" Jeongin questioned, looking at his parents who sat infront of him. In disbelief, shown across their wrinkled faces.

"Cause you are not the son we used to know" he father spoke with a sigh.

"I was never a son you knew..do you even know my favorite hobby?" Jeongin laughed bitterly. Astonished by the lack of knowledge his own parents knew about him.

"Yes, you love studying and reading" his mother spoke with a smile. A sickening one.

"No".

He loved being free minded, to explore, that's what he liked...no loved.

"I enjoy, exploring. To go on adventures. That my biggest hobby" Jeongin smiled. "But you didn't know that".

His parents got quiet. A glare stuck on their face as they tried bringing him down with deadly stares.

"Come on son. It's a hobby, you are in that goddamn room most of the time" his father chuckled.

"Oh really? What's my favorite color, my favorite food? What is my go to comfort thing?" Jeongin asked looking at his parents, not a single belief in his eyes.

He could see them struggling. Beneath their confident aura. How their mind exploded with anger and confusion. It was enjoyable, seeing his own parents chuckle.

"Your favorite color is blue, and green, a true man's color. You love tofu salad. And your go to comfort is of course us" his mother answered with a proud smile, looking at her son as if she knew him.

But she was completely off road.

Sure he liked blue. But he hated green. He loves purple and pink the most. His favorite food? Fries, just does alone makes him happy. And his comfort place? His friends..most importantly, Chan.

"Yeps you don't know me at all" Jeongin shook his head, pulling out his headphones as he connected them via his phone.

No longer wanting to hear from his parents.

They didn't even know him.