97

Murderer.
_______________________

Taken aback, Jeongin froze for a moment..his jaw dropping to the floor as he looked at Chan with unreadable eyes. He felt his heart somehow shatter inside of him when Chan stated those words, the words where he proclaimed he killed his own mother. Jeongin didn't know what to do. He didn't know what to think, his hand sat frozen yet numb on the other's, sweat forming on his body.

Did Chan really kill his own mother?

If so..why?

"W-why?!" He exclaimed hesitantly, knowing he deserved some form of explanation, but Chan just looked at the younger with sad eyes, unable to keep eye contact much longer.

"I-it wasn't on purpose! I-i tried to protect myself..she tried killing me..I had no choice, i-i...I feel like such a monster..i-im so sorry..I shouldn't have you gotten involved with me at all, i-i just ruin other people..i-" Chan stuttered, trying to explain, but he couldn't mutter out words, his face was drenched in tears as he hyperventilated through his words. Sadness and regret filled the pits of his stomach as he didn't dare to even look at the younger.

"Chan..c-calm down..if you have an explanation..I atleast have to know it" Jeongin stated, deciding to not remove his hand from Chan's who held onto it tightly.

"I-i o-only remembered that she locked me away in the basement..i-i didn't remember much from i-it. S-she barely fed me and forgot about me..and a-all I r-rem-ember was being able to escape the chains and escape the basement..I saw her, s-sleeping on th-the couch, s-so I took the opportunity to get away..b-but I knocked over a family portrait when passing by hair..w-when I looked at it, me and my brother's heads were cut off..and t-then she woke up..i-I barely had time to process before I was thrown to the ground..helplessly l-looking at the angry and unrecognizable woman above me..who kicked a-and beat me up..a-attmepting to throw me back down to the basement a-again..so I pushed her away, causing her to stumble down the stairs..though, s-surviving that impact was my bad luck, cause she stood back up on her legs..r-ran after me..in-into the kitchen..i-i attempted to tire her out by running through her house, but she catched up to me in there..g-grabbing the knife beside the stove..as she started hitting after me with it..s-she stabbed and hit me 40 times..I was barely conscious in the end..s-she almost stabbed me with the knife again..until she dropped it..i-i took the opportunity..t-to protect myself. S-so I remember I stood back up on my legs, backing away from my mom..a-after she grabbed a new knife..trying to hit me with it..w-when I stumbled upstairs, s-seeing her come after me with scariest grin ever, o-on her face...s-she had gone c-completely mad..laughing and screaming at the top of lungs...i-i barely held onto the knife i-in my hand,  w-when she reached me..about to hit me with the knife again..until I pushed her..the knife in my hand, s-stabbed her stomach..as she f-fell from the stairs..hitting her head o-on the floor first" Chan spoke..sniffing as he became overwhelmed with tears, eyes red and voice more shaky than an erupting volcano. "S-she died...Because I saved m-myself..our family went from happy..to me standing alone..h-having witnessed my brother drowning till death..having witnessed my dad killing himself..from being accused of murder..to murdering my own mother.." Chan spoke as he wiped his tears..but they kept coming back out, making him cry harder and harder.

"All this time..I've lived in terror..been accused of murderer..killing my own mother, watching my loved once die in agony..because of two people that couldn't take responsibility, over something they had to care for! They failed in taking care of me, both attempted to kill me, like they killed my brother..everyone left me after that..I got sent to the mental hospital, my friends left me, and disgusting rumors surfaced..I ran from the mental hospital, jumped on a plane with the help of one person, a dude named Changbin who was hospitalized with me..I stayed with him, I still know him..he was the only person I had when I didn't have anyone..p-please don't l-leave me" Chan begged, getting on his knees as he looked at Jeongin who still had a mixed reaction on his face.