Chapter 85

Chapter 85 Chameleon

    "Brother, are you kidding me?"

    It took Lin Molu a while to find her own voice.

    Yuan Pang smoked a cigarette almost in one breath, and then stomped the cigarette butt on the ground.

    "I wish I was joking too."

    Yuan Pang asked her to sit down and told him what happened in detail.

    Leaving aside the previous preparations, Zhou Yunchen was still in correspondence with Lin Molu every day at that time, so she knew the details. It happened the day after they entered White Harbor Airport.

    On the first day, they were calm, they didn't even feel the presence of the meteorite, everyone was normal, but there were no living things or zombies in the entire airport.

    Some are so clean that they checked all the terminals, boarding desks, control rooms, logistics, etc. at the airport, and found no suspicious elements. The White Harbor Airport is very large. They checked the ground on the first day, and after confirming that there were no monsters of the same level as the "Queen", they entered the underground area.

    According to the information obtained by Qu Mengze, the second meteorite was blocked in the underground passage of Baigang Airport.

    The reason why it is stored here is that the White Harbor Airport used to be a very famous military fortress in history. Although the fortress was later bombed, there are still some "war relics" left underground.

    These "underground fortresses" spent a lot of manpower and material resources at the time, and they were very strong, which can be seen from the fact that they survived the carpet bombing on the ground. The ground was blasted into a flat airport, but the underground was not damaged on a large scale. The government originally planned to make it a tourist attraction. But at that time, Baigang Airport had been built and became one of the airports with the largest passenger flow in the south of the Yangtze River. There were conflicts between tourist attractions and the location of the airport.

    It is impossible to relocate the ruins. Of course, the places that cannot be bombed cannot be excavated, so they can only be relocated to the airport. When the catastrophe came, the new airport construction plan was still under planning, and it was impossible for the White Harbor Airport to stop being used within at least five years, so the "underground fortress" was protected.

    At that time, they really didn't have the ability to build a second underground research institute. Considering the insulation and sturdiness of this place, it was a ready-made storage place, so they temporarily sealed up the second meteorite here. Another reason is that the Academy of Sciences had already discovered the force between meteorites at that time, so after measuring the radius of the force, the coordinates just fell on the location of the airport.

    Everything fits perfectly, as if someone arranged it in advance.

    Of course, they had no idea at the time that the radiation from the meteorite would infiltrate the storage device and the surface on the day of the catastrophe, directly treating the tens of thousands of passengers at the airport as "nutrients" and growing to the point of causing an "extreme cold winter".

    The entire airport is like a gift from humans to this "monster".

    The post-apocalyptic White Harbor Airport has completely become a "dead city". When they went there, the first blizzard had not yet arrived, but there was no trace of human existence, not even a corpse.

    The "eating" was too clean, and this kind of bloodless silence aroused the fear in people's hearts even more.

    From the moment they stepped into the underground of the airport, the "gravity" gradually became apparent, and many team members experienced sudden loss of strength and dizziness. This group of people Zhou Yunchen let them go out first, and he, Yuan Pang, Qu Mengze, and Zhan Tianyu led the rest of the people to go deeper.