twenty-two

"Y/n, where the hell are you!" Anakin shouted loudly, looking all around the area he was in.

A few days ay later, a little while after Ahsoka and Noah had left, Y/n and Anakin ventured into the woods. Y/n was sick of seeing the palace walls, as much as she loved it. At one point Y/n had ran off away from Anakin, which lead her to now. She was sitting up in a tree, watching Anakin from above.

Y/n was sitting on a thick tree branch, quite far from the ground. She had never been afraid of heights, and she had done this sort of thing before. At every chance she got, Y/n would sneak away from the palace and enjoy her time in the woods. She would climb trees, pick any flowers she could find for her mother. Things were so much simpler back then.

"Seriously, Y/n." Anakin called "It's not safe out here!"

Y/n snickered while watching him, it was a surprise he hadn't found her yet "Look up!"

Anakin looked up and around, when he saw her his eyes went wide "Y/N HOW DID YOU GET UP THERE?!" He shouted in shock.

"Uh, I climbed." Y/n answered in an 'obviously' tone "How do you think I got up here?"

"I-i don't know!" Anakin shouted "Just, get down before you hurt yourself!"

Y/n scoffed swinging her legs "Anakin, I'm fine." She said rolling her eyes.

"Y/n, I'm not kidding." Anakin said getting more worried by the second.

"Anakin calm down."

"Y/n."

"Isn't climbing things a good jedi skill to have?" Y/n asked still casually swinging her legs back and forth.

Anakin was growing more nervous by the second "I-i don't know!" He stuttered.

From above Y/n grinned down at him "You're cute when you're scared Skywalker." She teased.

"W-what?" Anakin stuttered his face heating up "Please just come down!" He begged.

The woman groaned and dramatically threw her head back "Fine." She grumbled rolling her eyes.

Slowly and carefully Y/n began climbing down the tree, while Anakin watched fearfully. He was ready to catch her just in case she lost her footing. Once Y/n landed on the ground, she looked Anakin with a grin.

The jedi sighed "Force, you're gonna give me a heart attack one day." He says.

Y/n rolls her eyes "Oh calm down." She said, reaching up and patting his cheek.

Anakin swatted her hand away playfully "I can't calm down when you keep doing stupid shit." He said placing his hands on his hips, he almost looked like a mom.

"I'll be fine." Y/n said shaking her head, as she walked further into the woods.

"Its like dealing with a child." Anakin grumbled walking faster to catch up with her "What are we even doing here?" He asked, looking around the area just double checking.

Even with the lacknof anything dangerous happening, Anakin still couldn't help but feel paranoid. He didn't want to lose her not again. In the short time of knowing Y/n, she became one of the most important people to him.

Y/n shrugged "I just wanted to....I don't know." She said "I didn't wanna be in the palace anymore." She says, "Has Master Yoda said anything about whats gonna happen?"

Anakin shook his head "No, not yet." He answered "The council is probably still discussing."

"I really hope I don't have to choose." Y/n said sadly "I want there to be a way for me to do both, if that's even possible."