ninety-five

It was the night of the party. Noah had already arrived on Coruscant, but Y/n had yet to see him.

Currently Y/n was getting dressed, she had decided to go with the periwinkle dress she had got a few days ago when she was with Padmè. Once she got the dress on, she frowned a little. It felt a little tight, but it wasn't too terrible. Y/n walked over to the body mirror, and looked at her side profile.

Y/n gasped a little when she saw her stomach, there was a bump. It was small, but it was there. Just at the sight tears filled Y/n's, she could stop them from falling. She didn't even know why she was crying, maybe it was from the happiness she felt.

"Darling, are you-" Anakin stopped at the door, cutting himself off. When he saw Y/n and the way she was, he instantly panicked while rushing over "Sweetheart, hey, are you okay? Is something wrong?" He asks frantically.

Sniffling Y/n looks over to her lover, with a small smile "I'm fine." She says with a laugh.

Hesitantly Anakin brings his hands up, and uses his thumbs to wipe away her tears "Why are you crying?" He asks gently.

"Look at the mirror." Y/n simply says while turning back to the glass, Anakin now had his chest pressed to her back.

Anakin looks at the mirror in confusion, he then smiles while placing his gloved hand on her stomach "Look at you three." He whispered.

Y/n leans her head on him "I can't believe were having....babies." She whispered, placing her own hand on top of Anakin's.

"I'm glad we're having kids." Anakin whispered gently, while he began rubbing her stomach "Even if it was a little too early."

"I'm glad too." Y/n says with a sigh.

Anakin turns his head to kiss her neck "As much as I'd love to stay here, we've got a party to go to." He says "And I'm already late."

Y/n moves back off him and turns to face him "Wait, why aren't you there yet?" She asks.

"I had to see you before I left." Anakin says with a cheeky grin "And I do not regret it, because you look...so gorgeous."

"Anakin, the chancellor is gonna wonder where you are." Y/n says with worry "Master Windu especially will wonder about your absence." She adds.

This makes Anakin let out a deep breath "Fuck, I almost forgot about the other Masters." He mumbled, "When will you be there?"

"Padmè and Noah should be here soon to pick me up." Y/n says.

Anakin sighs and leans down to give her a quick peck "I'll see you soon, okay?"

Y/n smiles with a nod "I love you." She says, pecking his lips again.

"I love you too, darling." Anakin says before hesitantly leaving the room, and hurrying out the front door. Little did he know that at the end of the hall outside the apartment, someone was watching.

☁︎

"Sir, your suspicions about Skywalker and the queen were correct." Mas Amedda says.

The Chancellor grins creepily "Perfect." He says, his voice low and gravelly. Not like how it used to be.

☁︎

Y/n walks into the ballroom of the Senate building, standing on the other side of Noah. The blonde had a grumpy look on his face "I don't see why I have to be here." He whispered.

"You're here because I said so." Padmè says in a stern voice, looping het arm with Noah's.

Y/n laughs a little "Happy wife, happy life." She says as she looked around the packed room, searching for any sight of Anakin. When she saw him, he was standing with Obi-wan chatting away.