ninety-eight

I'm currently writing the last few chapters of this book, we're getting close everyone!

Y/n had spent at least three hours in the garden, checking on the flowers and talking with the gardeners. Oh how she had missed this. Y/n had long lost track of R2, but had assumed he had been exploring.

"There you are!"

Turning and looking away from the gorgeous wisteria tree, she saw Noah walking towards her. He had the biggest smile on his face, and he was holding the baby.

"I've been looking everywhere for you." Noah says brightly, stopping just beside her.

Y/n gasped "Oh it's my little niece!" She says, leaning over to peak at the bundle of joy. The baby was sleeping peacefully, her mouth open slightly "Whats her name?"

"Adaline." Noah whispered, looking down at her "After my mother....it was Padmè's idea."

Y/n smiles a little, unable to peel her eyes away from the sleeping baby "Is it safe for her to be out here?"

Noah hums "Yeah, I already talked with the doctor." He says, slowly rocking the little angel back and forth.

"What about Padmè." Y/n asks "Doesn't she want to spend time with the baby?"

"She's resting." Noah says shaking his head dismissively.

"I can't believe you're a father." Y/n whispered, finally looking away from the baby and back to the tree.

"Hey, you're gonna be a mother soon." Noah says turning to look at the tree as well, "You and Anakin are gonna have two little babies running around." He says with a small laugh.

Y/n lets out a heavy breath "I'm horrified to have them now." She says, placing her hand on the growing bump.

Noah lets out a breath "I don't even want to try and compare the pain to anything." He says, while shaking his head "It's got to be the worst pain imaginable."

"From what we saw, definitely." Y/n agreed with a nod.

Noah looks at her "Do you wanna hold her."

Y/n looks at him with wide eyes "Are you for real?" She asks.

Noah just laughs "Course I'm serious." He says, turning back to Y/n. He holds Adaline out to Y/n.

Hesitantly Y/n takes the small bundle into her arms, making sure to hold her properly. She stares down at her, with a big smile "Do you think she'll have your hair?" She asks looking back at Noah.

"Oh gods I hope not." Noah grumbled while shaking his head, "Poor girl will be teased endlessly." He says.

Y/n laughs lightly while bouncing the baby gently "I would never tease her." She says, looking at Noah with a big grin.

"I-Why the hell do you tease me then?" Noah asks in disbelief.

"Cause it's too easy." Y/n says with a small laugh, making the baby stir "Oh shit, I think I woke her up." She says with wide eyes.

The two fall silent, and Noah leans forward a little to get a good look at her. Adaline scrunches her little face, and squeezes her eyes before opening them. She blinks her eyes a few times, looking around in confusion.

"Gods, she is just so cute." Y/n whispered with a smile, unwilling tears filling her eyes.

Noah laughs a little "Are you about to cry?" He asks teasingly.

Y/n scoffs and rolls her eyes, looking up at Noah "No." She says in a guilty tone.

This time Noah laughs fully and shakes his head "You're hilarious."