sixty-nine

Hours had passed, Noah and Padmè had gone home. While Ahsoka, Rex, and Obi-wan returned to the temple. Shmi would be staying in the spare room for the night, till she went back to Tattoine tomorrow afternoon. Everything had been perfect, an absolute blast.

Rex tried his hardest to make sure Obi-wan didn't drink too much, which didn't end all too well(he ended up drinking anyway). Ahsoka kept trying to drink, which ended in Y/n and Anakin trying to hide all alcoholic drinks from her. Shmi and Padmè were busy catching up, and watching all the chaos unfold(with Noah at Padmè's side).

Y/n walks out of the bathroom, a towel tied around her body. Anakin was already sitting up in bed, completely shirtless and a grin on his face "Well look at you."

"Really?" Y/n asks giving him a look, before turning to open up one of her dressers.

"What? Can I not admire your beauty?" Anakin asks with a grin, watching as Y/n pulled on a pair of shorts and a loose shirt.

Y/n shakes her head while walking over, and climbing in bed next to her boyfriend "You're ridiculous." She mumbles grabbing her book from her nightstand.

Before Y/n could even open her book, Anakin snatches it from her "What are you reading?" He asks looking at the cover. Anakin than raised his brows "'Jedi Techniques and How to Master them.'?"

Quickly Y/n takes her book back "Yes." She says "I've been doing a lot of reading on stuff like this."

"Why?"

"Because, I was never a youngling." Y/n answers flipping to the page she was on, it was about several different ways to use a second lightsaber.

Anakin nods "Makes sense." He mumbles "Thank you again, for bringing my mom here." He adds.

Y/n looks up and smiles at him "I wanted to make this special." She says "You've been so stressed lately."

"Yeah, and I'll he getting more stressed I bet." Anakin mumbles "Soon enough I'll be sent in another assignment."

"Yeah......" Y/n whispers shaking her head "I hope this war ends soon." She says.

Anakin reaches over grabbing Y/n's hand "We're closing in on Dooku. I can feel it." He says, brushing his thumb over her knuckles.

"And what about Grievous?" Y/n asks worriedly "He's still out there."

"We're trying to find him as well." Anakin says with a breath "He's not easy to track down."

Y/n frowns looking down "Do you....."

"Do I what?"

"Do you still plan on leaving the order, once the war is done?" Y/n asks looking up.

Anakin stares at her in disbelief "Of course!" He exclaimed "Why wouldn't I?"

Y/n shrugs making a face "I don't know." She mumbles "I mean you've been with the jedi for so long, they mean...a lot to you."

"Y/n. You are so much more important than the jedi." Anakin says squeezing her hand "Nothing is more important than you are."

"You're too sweet." Y/n mumbled with a smile, looking up at her lover.

Anakin grins and leans forward kissing her cheek "Not sweet. Just madly in love." He says gently.

☁︎

When Y/n awoke the next morning, Anakin was still at her side. He was cuddled close to her, his arms wrapped around her tightly. What surprised Y/n was the smell of food, delicious food. Y/n managed to wiggle free of Anakin's hold, before climbing out of bed. Taking one last look at her peaceful lover, Y/n left the room and made her way down the hall.