eighty-five

When Y/n woke the next morning, her breasts felt extra tender and a little swollen. She let out a groan and sat up, a nauseating feeling washing over her. This makes Y/n look at the ceiling "Fuck, I'm getting sick too. You've gotta be fucking joking." She growled.

"Y/n? Are you awake?" Padmè's gentle voice asks from outside the door.

"Come in."

The door slowly opens, and Padmè walks in with a tray "Morning sleepy head." She says. The tray had a bowl on it, with some fresh fruit on the side.

Y/n's jaw drops a little "Padmè, breakfast in bed?" She asks in amusement, "You make me feel like royalty." She jokes.

Padmè rolls her eyes while setting the tray down "You are royalty, dork." She says, while walking around the bed and taking a seat where Anakin would normally be.

"Mmm, I sometimes forget." Y/n hums while taking a bite of the oatmeal, the only time she ever ate oatmeal was when Padmè made it for her.

"So wheres your jedi?" Padmè asks "Was he here last night?"

Y/n shakes her head while swallowing her food "No, he was gone when I came home the other day." She explained, letting out a groan as the shirt she wore brushed against her breast in an uncomfortable way.

Padmè looks at her with a laugh "Is the oatmeal that good?" She asks.

"Yes. But that's not why I groaned." Y/n said "I know how weird this sounds, but my breasts just feel....like tender." She explained with a shrug.

While Y/n takes a bite of her food, Padmè just stares at her "Do you know why?" She asks.

Y/n nods "I'm probably about to start my period." She says "It's nothing to be worried about."

Padmè frowns a little, and slowly nods "Yeah...that makes sense." She says.

☁︎

After breakfast and some paperwork, the two women found themselves roaming the fruit market. Y/n had continued to feel nauseous, bit hadn't thrown up. She also hadn't mentioned anything to Padmè, Y/n didn't want to worry the poor woman.

"Noah has been so patient with me." Padmè says while grabbing some fruit, and paying the vendor.

"He better be, I'll fucking end him." Y/n says while grabbing her own fruit, and paying for it as well.

Padmè laughs "You tried to end him during our wedding." She says, as the continued down the rows of market stands.

Y/n shrugs with a grin "It was funny!" She says.

"I still can't believe you actually slammed a slice of cake in his face!" Padmè says with a laugh.

"I told you I was gonna do it!" Y/n says, while laughing with her.

Padmè shakes her head in disbelief "I didn't think you'd actually do it!" She says "And I didn't think I was gonna marry Noah."

Y/n scoffed while shaking her head "There's no way you two weren't getting married." She says.

"You're crazy."

"I am." Y/n says grabbing some more fruit and paying for it, when she shoves it in her bag another wave of nausea washes over her "Fuck." She mumbled.

Padmè looks to Y/n in worry "Are you okay?" She asks.

Y/n nods with a tight smile, as the two walk away "Yeah, just a little nauseous. It's nothing."