seventy

"The Emperor has been expecting you." A deep robotic voice spoke.

"I know, father." A different, unfamiliar, voice responds.

The two figures were walking down a hall, one had some sort of mask, and the other didn't. He had blond hair, and was dressed in all black. He had his hands binded in front of him, and a surprisingly calm look on his face.

"So, you've accepted the truth." The robotic man said.

The other man looks over at him "I've accepted the truth that you were once ______ _________, my father."

The robot like man stops, turning to the other man pointing an angry finger at him "That name no longer has any meaning to me." He says.

"It is the name of your true self. You've only forgotten. I know there is good in you, just like my mother said before she died. The Emperor hasn't driven it from you fully. That is why you couldn't destroy me. That's why you won't bring me to your Emperor now."

The robot like man is silent, looking down at the lightsaber in his hand. His thoughts race like crazy, pondering his son words. The man than activities the lightsaber in his hand, a green glow shooting from it.

"Your skills are complete. Indeed, you are powerful, as the Emperor has foreseen." The robotic man says.

The blonde man stares at the blade "I used parts of one of my mother's lightsabers to build it." He says.

The robotic mans masked gazed snapped to him "You what?" He asked angrily.

Though the mans tone is angry, the blonde does not falter and he remains calm "She came to me. As a ghost, when I went to visit her tomb."

The robotic man is silent, staring at his son with unreadable emotions. He felt so many things. Anger. Hate. And then sadness. Longing.

The man didn't understand why his wife never visited him, he hadn't seen her in years. He didn't understand why she chose to visit their son instead. Was it because of his involvement with the dark side? Was the dark side of the force preventing him from seeing her?

"She forgives you." The blonde says "For everything."

The two stand there in silence, before the blade is deactivated "Come with me." He says.

"Father please." The blonde begs "There is good in you, my mother said so with her dying breath."

"Obi-wan once thought as you did." The man said calmly, trying to ignore the impact his sons words really had "You don't know the power of the dark side. I must obey my master."

"I will not turn...and you'll be forced to kill me." The blonde says.

"If that is your destiny."

"Search your feelings, father. You can't do this." The man says "I feel the conflict within you. Let go of your hate." He practically begs.

"It is.....too late for me, son." The robotic man says, his tone almost sounding sad "The Emperor will show you the true nature of the Force. He is your master now."

The robotic man signals to some distant stormtroopers. He and the blond stand staring at one another for a long moment, it's tense and full of hidden emotions from the both of them.

"Then my father is truly dead."

☁︎

Another month had flown by. Y/n continued her training as usual, and Anakin was sent on countless missions. Along with Ahsoka and Obi-wan. This left Y/n mostly alone, except for the few times she trained a bit with Cal whenever he was around.