Chapter 64: missing

The foreigners near Gucheng have their own name of Guiyan Kingdom, and they also have their own cities, but they are located in remote areas and few people go there.

There are many ethnic groups in the Ghost Yan Kingdom, mainly the warlike Ghost True Clan, and they are the ones who harass the border mirror in the Daxia Kingdom all the year round.

The attack of the Ghost Yan Kingdom this time is predictable.

Two months ago, Li Mingjin and Wei Linyuan and other generals discussed whether the foreigners in the north would go to war with Gucheng because of the winter food. It turned out that there was absolutely no problem with them discussing in advance.

Li Mingjin worked very hard in Gucheng this year, and even let the soldiers plant the land with him while farming. The income of the entire Gucheng has doubled compared with previous years. Not only the local officials admire his methods and ideas, but also the surrounding ghosts. Yan Guo also often sent scouts to inquire, and they caught several waves.

Since there is a harvest, it will naturally be robbed. Who doesn't want to stock up on more food for the winter?

Of course, Li Mingjin didn't think about negotiating with the other party and making deals. The other party has cattle and sheep, and he has grain, which can be exchanged, but the plan is obviously not favored by others. Gucheng's grain has indeed doubled this year, but It is only enough for Gucheng's own internal consumption, and it is necessary to predict whether there will be a war in the future. It needs to be more. The granary of Gucheng cannot be empty or moved.

Besides, where would the Guiyan Kingdom trade honestly with them, asking for a huge price, it would be more realistic to fight with them. This is also in Li Mingjin's favor. The gentle way is useless at all. It not only wastes time, but also makes the enemy stronger. chance.

According to the report of the spies in the front, the Ghost Yan Kingdom came with their cavalry this year. Listening to the sound, it may be far from 10,000 soldiers and horses, but it is estimated that there are 30,000 or 40,000.

There were also cavalry in Gucheng, which were the troops of Wei Linyuan and were left to him by General Wei.

Although Li Mingjin has only been in Gucheng for a few months, during this time, some of his innovative methods have won the favor of many soldiers. Even Wei Linyuan, who does not prefer any side, occasionally has a few good words for Li Mingjin, not only him, The third prince and concubine also, their husband and wife's approach is really too advanced, and it has benefited the people a lot, and every thing they do has merit.

Wei Linyuan would of course communicate with General Wei. After he explained the deeds of the third prince and the third prince's concubine in the north one by one, he found that his father did not know it at all. It turned out that these news were not sent back to the capital at all. Wei Linyuan thought a lot for a while. Perhaps the third prince did these things not to compete for fame with other princes, but that he was really doing it seriously, regardless of other interests.

Wei Linyuan even heard his father mention that Emperor Tiansheng often mentioned the three princes of Gucheng in front of him. He was afraid that they would not have enough to eat and clothed them, so he often had people quietly give food to their husband and wife, and he would not let them. The other princes knew that his father was a man who didn't like to talk, but he couldn't hide things very well, and he didn't know who to tell them, so they wrote letters to Wei Linyuan, who could hide things. .

Hearing more about Emperor Tiansheng's dealings with the third prince, combined with Li Mingjin's current actions, Wei Linyuan quietly changed his mind about the third prince, and occasionally reminded his younger brother to be respectful to the third prince. Still some hope?