Chapter 87

Jennie

I hit stop on the tape recorder and flopped down on my mattress with a sigh feeling confused, frustrated and irritated. What the fuck just happened? One minute we were kissing and the next minute she's out of the door. She gave me a whole speech on what kissing meant to her and then she told me it wasn't negotiated as part of our payment. What the fuck?

I hated that she didn't give me a chance to acknowledge our kiss before she left, I hated that she left and I hated how her stupid tape recorder recorded her telling me that she was sorry about it. I didn't want her to be sorry about it, I wanted her to get back here and do it again. I pulled out my phone and scrolled through my recent calls, I wanted to call Lisa. To talk it through with her but I didn't have her number. How do I still not have her number? Instead, I found Rosé's number.

"Hey bitch."

"Lisa and I... we kissed."

"Stop it, shut up! Hold on, let me grab a snack!"

I rolled my eyes, my ears ringing out with the movements and rustling of packets coming from her end. She was breathing heavily for a few seconds and then returned to the phone.

"Okay, yup! I'm good. I'm listening, tell me everything."

"It just... happened out of nowhere. She was hiding in the closet with my vibrator and then..."

"Wait, what!? What kind of messed up shit are you both into?"

"Rosé! Just focus."

"Okay."

"She came out of my closet, kissed me and then she ran away."

"Did she give you the vibrator back?"

"..."

"..."

"No."

Laughter came spilling from her mouth, I could hear her choke on whatever she was eating and I rolled my eyes, waiting for her to re-gather herself.

"Okay, tell me about the kiss."

"It was... unlike any other kiss I've ever experienced. She was gentle and consuming but it was how she made my insides feel that made it different. I felt like every nerve in my body was awake and craving more of her. Every sense overloaded on Lisa. I had butterflies and goose bumps and my legs turned to jelly. It was exactly how I imagined it to be, only so much better. I think I really like her."

"Fuck, that's some kiss... and then she stole your vibrator?"

"And then she stole my vibrator." I smiled, while realising how ridiculous the situation was.