Chapter 120

Lisa

It was hell.

Actual hell.

Balloons escaped their strings all around me, floating up towards the cloudless sky - destined to end up in the oceans. Lights and music dazzled simple minds, it was overly dramatic and far too happy. Crowds clogged the main street for that perfect castle picture and all the girls wore dumb headbands and bows - some of the guys too.

"The parade starts in an hour, we'll go do Phantom Manor before we get our spot." Rosé was very enthusiastic about our plans. I stood in the burger line, leaving them to it.

"Isn't that a ghost train?" Jennie asked, while fixing her sparkly black and red Mickey Mouse ear headband.

"It's basically Haunted Mansion but with a different name. So yeah, it's a ghost train."

"Why would anyone want to do that? I hate creepy rides, they're scary." Finally the lady served me my burger and we walked a little away from the kiosk.

"They're not scary Jen, not when you ride it with the person you like."

Carefully I started unwrapping my burger, excited to have something good here in this dreaded theme park.

Jennie giggled, "And why would that make any difference?"

"It's a dark, two-seater ride Jen. Perfect time to make out, don't you think?"

Just as I was about to take a bite of that thick, Angus beef patty, I froze, while drifting my eyes over to them who were both staring at me with wonder. I closed my mouth and sighed, dropping the burger into a trash can and grabbing Jennie's hand. "Let's go." I stated, following the pathway that Rosé made towards the ghost train.

There was a tedious pre-show before we got onto the damn ride, I could've eaten my burger but I wanted to not taste like dead cow.

"Are you having fun?" Jennie asked once we had finally gotten into our seats.

"Not really." I admitted.

"Oh." She uttered.

"This whole thing, it's not really me. I don't like crowds and it all seems very dramatic." Plus, the timer is ticking, we fly home tonight and it's all I can think about.

Our cart ride started transiting through the mansion. It was dark but it wasn't really that scary, and I'm just wondering when do we get to the kissing part?

Jennie fiddled with her finger nails and refused to look at me. It felt a little awkward, like the early days of us hanging out. "I'm nervous." She admitted in a breathy way.

"Why?" I questioned, while quirking a brow. She shrugged and I didn't think that she was going to give me an answer but then she spoke. "I still get nervous around you sometimes. You make my heart race and give me butterflies. I know we're supposed to kiss right now, you just threw away your burger and everything but who makes the first move?"

"Jennie, look at me."

Slowly she turned to face me, her eyes reflecting a green iridescent light from the ride. Her lips parted a little and she was blushing. I brushed back her hair with my fingers, careful not to knock her dumb Mickey Mouse headband off when I tucked it behind her ears. "I think you just did." I told her as I leaned in slowly and captured her mouth with mine.