Euphoria | A Haiku Collection [Danielle]

Book: Euphoria  | A Haiku Collection by _abhipreeti_  
[poems 1-10]
Reviewer: Dark_Ghostie 

Relevance to theme/topic: 5/5 
Your haikus tell of different perspectives and themes The theme of each haiku is clear and the author’s note after each haiku offer insight and a few ways to interpret the haiku. 

Emotion: 10/10 
They are relatable in many ways. They ignite hidden feelings in readers like myself, bringing to light issues that many don’t dare to talk about, such as the forbidden relationships between the different classes of society (Forbidden Love). It motivates and comforts, like the poem that speaks of sadness and death (Death). This little collection is packed with different poems for every occasion which is something I am very please about. 

Mechanics: 12/20 
There are no spelling errors in any of the haikus. 
However, there are a few major errors with the structure of your haikus. I’m not sure if you know this, but haikus follow a specific syllable pattern. There are multiple rules to writing a haiku and one of them is that they are to consist of three lines with the first and last line having the same number of syllables and the middle line always having slightly more syllables. One example is the standard five syllables in the first and last line and seven syllables in the middle line. 
They are also not supposed to rhyme, which you more or less got right. There are some poems that rhyme a little, but I’ll let that slide since it still follows the no rhyming rule. 
So just a heads up, since the structure is really off, I’m not sure if your poems can really be considered haikus. 

Flow: 8/10 
All the poems flow well individually, but as a whole collection, the poems seem a little abstract in terms of the theme flow. The themes are all over the place. I would suggest grouping haikus of similar theme together. That would help improve the flow between the poems and the sudden jump in themes wouldn’t be too jarring, but instead increase the enjoyment when reading the poems. 

Overall enjoyment: 5/5 
I am able to connect with the different themes they talk about and they make me wonder more about the the themes you’re exploring. I really enjoyed every minute of it. 

Total: 40/50 
I must applaud you for crafting such beautiful haikus. I absolutely loved reading them. However, be sure to take note of the structures of different types of poems, especially when dabbling with poetry of other origins and cultures. Other than that, keep it up! I look forward to reading your future works!

─⁠──⁠──⁠──⁠─ ⋄ ☾∘☽ ⋄ ─⁠──⁠──⁠──⁠─

Thank you for requesting a review from us. Do let us know what you think so that we can improve to better provide for authors like you.