Secrets Hidden in Time [Vi]

Book: Secrets Hidden in Time
Author: memorycraver
Reviewer: WarmCupofSparkles12
Chapters read: 2

00: Blurb
Pacing: 9/10
Is this supposed to be some form of poetry? … I love it. It’s got some kind of rhythm that I can’t name, but it’s also got a little *snaps fingers* to it.

Characters: 10/10
I don’t see any characters mentioned, so I’m just gonna rate this a 10. 😀

World building: 10/10
It definitely shows what we’re gonna be getting involved with. It reminds me of when I read a book that had magic involved, and these people used magic to suck the life from people (from what I remember). Its prologue was of a woman who traveled across the sandy dunes and eventually died from a wound. But apart from that, the start to the prologue is nice.

01: The Promise
Pacing: 9/10
Long, but good. I enjoy a nice and slow pace so I can digest everything that’s going on. And this was a nice example of it. Also, the whole marriage ordeal kinda threw me off for (like) two seconds, but I quickly got back on track.

Characters: 10/10
BEAUTIFUL description of our female lead! Hinduja kinda reminds me of Fatima Ghazala from The Candle and the Flame, being from the South Asian regions. I also find it cute that a little boy would call her ‘mamma’. He’s still learning his words. But I want to know who the “he” is in the second paragraph. I also like how we get a look into Hinduja’s family, including her brother.

World building: 10/10
The South Asian terminology is a nice addition to the world-building, from the clothes to everything else, but would it be nice to have a glossary regarding the words and their meanings for those that don’t know the meanings? I’m just saying; you do you. This is all amazing.

─⁠──⁠──⁠──⁠─ ⋄ ☾∘☽ ⋄ ─⁠──⁠──⁠──⁠─

Thank you for requesting a review from us. Do let us know what you think so that we can improve to better provide for authors like you.