The Confession Letters [Abiya]

Title: The Confession Letters
Author: -moonlight_amethyst-
Reviewer: Ablazeisaleo
Number of chapters read: 5

Title: 10/10
The title is really intriguing for a thriller, crime/mystery book. While stumbling upon the title, one may have many notions on what the letters might mean and an intriguing feeling at the beginning, just by looking the title, is always a good start!

Cover: 4.5/10
Being honest here, the cover is way too plain for a crime-mystery novel. You have got an amazing blurb, an amazing title, but the first thing which attracts readers is not the blurb or the title but the cover. The author’s name is hardly visible, which is again a con. Obviously we all need to get renowned for our work right? So having a graphically luring cover and font will target in more readers.

Blurb: 7.5/10
As how a blurb should be, it’s short and concise. However, a key to a better crime-thriller novel is obviously to make the blurb thrilling, intriguing, and mesmerizing enough to capture
and brainwash the readers to actually plunge in to your story. Since I’m a crime-mystery writer myself, I’ll give a short example of a blurb for your story:

In a hidden room, cloaked in mystery, the police uncovers chilling confession letters to past murders left behind by a mysterious figure. Questions loomed: What horrors unfolded years ago? What drove the elusive Amethyst to commit such atrocities? Who is Amethyst, and why do these letters surface now?

The shadows of the past have returned to haunt, demanding answers.

Grammar and Spelling: 10/10
Regarding spellings and grammar, you nailed it!

Hook and Plot Development: 10/10
I was expecting to see some sort of dead body covered with fleas and here Oh my God I find a very intriguing, twisted tale. I love how you have poured out the feelings of students when
it comes to meeting their worse subjects ever! (As a student myself, sometimes I wish I had the guts to be like Amethyst lol) The way you plotted the killings, to be honest I felt like I
should do the same thing to my subject teachers. I must say Amethyst does know how to brainwash students.

Character Development: 10/10
Amethyst is like the best character I have seen so far! He/She actually carries on the genuine feelings of how students suffer in school due to various pressures from different subjects like accurately quoted Chinese, English, etc. As a student, I loved it!

Plot Development and Pacing: (10/10)
As the plot moved forward, I was curious as I was actually living through the life of those students, waiting to plot against their teachers. You have accurately portrayed the feelings of the students in such a way that each and every student out there can actually relate to this book.

Personal enjoyment: (10/10)
If I say I dont like this book being a student, I’m sure I’m next on Amethyst’s list!

─⁠──⁠──⁠──⁠─ ⋄ ☾∘☽ ⋄ ─⁠──⁠──⁠──⁠─

Thank you for requesting a review from us. Do let us know what you think so that we can improve to better provide for authors like you.