Dear Myrtle Cove [Nanya]

Book: Dear Myrtle Cove
Author: AuthorKDJennings
Reviewer: nanyapixie6
Number of chapters read: 6

Title:
At first I thought Myrtle Cove was a person but it is the city. The title is descriptive and concise. Although it doesn't related to the main plot, everything does happen in the city so I would say it is kind of a fitting title

Cover:
The cover is aesthetic, though it does not seem to relate to the story. I believe if it does, it'll be easier to grab a reader's attention.

Blurb/Description:
The blurb is very explanatory, dives straight into the plot and tells you what to expect. A little pinch/ suspense would be a plus, but overall it is a really good blurb.

Originality/creativity:
It's definitely not your average cliche which I was glad for, although it seems fast, I like how quickly we dived into Lainey and King's love and the story moves to focus on the main plot which I'm guessing is Declan. The way you're executing the plot is quite creative, we have the happy moments but we're still reminded of the evil shadow lurking.

Grammar/punctuation:
I only noticed a few errors in the grammar like extra letters. Your use of punctuation is good and I liked your descriptions, I was able to picture what was going on.

Plot:
The main plot is quite realistic, I like that it takes a turn not everyone likes to write about which makes it unique.

Writing style:
Your writing style is really nice, the use of grammar and descriptions, I however couldn't help but notice the pacings were confusing.

I originally thought Lainey was shy around King but it turns out she wasn't. I was really surprised by how quickly Lincoln agreed to them and also how quickly their love rekindled. I would have loved to see some realistic moments like a little awkwardness between them seeing as they hadn't seen each other for years or a little disagreement from Lincoln though he would later on agree. I feel this would add a bit of dramatic turn and realism to the story before going to focus onDeclann( this is just a suggestion)

I also thought we would have enough moments that would lead into the smut scene but that came very quickly. I was anticipating getting to really know the characters before that.

I loved the start of the story, it was amazing. Having the background image of what we were about to dive into ( the two prologues). They already got me intrigued by the story. It was really well executed.

I also noticed some errors in the description
For (example in chapter 3: when Lainey smells food, we aren't told she entered the kitchen but it is assumed since she saw the food on the island and the part when King turns to smile at her, was she moving towards him at that moment, did he turn back to his task or kept smiling at her without turning back, how did she suddenly arrive in front of him to touch his tattoos. Also in chapter 3 another paragraph, when she goes to knock on King's door, and he yells come in, does she open the door and come in? We weren't told, all of a sudden she was pinned to the door, was it inside the room or outside the room, it wasn't stated.)

Also in chapter 3: When King explains that he was upset because he didn't want to leave for 2 weeks, there was no response from form Lainey or expression, a smile or anything, we were thrown back to the kitchen and they were already done with breakfast)

I personally feel some parts were rushed and lacked enough detail to annul confusion.

Other than this, I believe your writing style is good though it could use a few improvements

Character development:
Lainey had a strong character and I'm anticipating future development from her once she overcomes her fear of Declan. I also want to see more fromKingg, to understand his character better.

Overall enjoyment:
I liked the plot and the way the story started. Giving us a background of when they were younger, I was really glad to see that. I feel like the pacing is rushed but it's probably going to be a short story?

─⁠──⁠──⁠──⁠─ ⋄ ☾∘☽ ⋄ ─⁠──⁠──⁠──⁠─

Thank you for requesting a review from us. Do let us know what you think so that we can improve to better provide for authors like you.