Brutal Bonding [Nanya]

Book: Brutal Bonding
Author: pinkenme
Reviewer: nanyapixie6
Number of chapters read: 7(chapter 5 pt.2)

Title:
I found the title very intriguing! It's concise and explanatory

Cover:
I read the first line of the prologue before checking it out and it matches the swimmer drowning.

I would have loved to see more elements that had to do with the "brutal bonding" or anything related to Wren, the sisters or the sorority

Blurb/Description:
My thoughts before starting the story: The hook line got me captivated, that's a very nice touch to add to the blurb. The blurb itself has a nice pinch, it's intriguing and well-explanatory without spoiling the story. I found no errors in the blurb and it isn't too long or too short.

However, I would have loved it if there was more explanation on the mystery part. We got to know Wren and the dilemma she fell into and if she's going to get out but I can't exactly pinpoint the mystery genre from this.

My thoughts after reading: Yes the description matches the story, which makes it seem all the more intriguing. It was well-explanatory and defined.

Originality/creativity:
Your writing style is very creative and your plot execution is too. I haven't come across many stories that don't go according to predictions. I had thought Noemy would hate Wren for getting close to Warner and try to ruin her life but instead, she was very chill about it, I didn't expect Warner to take the turn he did. I didn't expect a lot of things which is very creative. I loved the way you executed the story and the plot is so original.

Grammar/punctuation:
I believe I only noticed a single mistake out of all I read. Your grammar was very professional as well as the use of punctuation, the story is well written and your vocabulary used is a huge plus!

Plot:
It is a mystery and new adult genre. I would agree though I haven't seen much of the mystery yet, I'm sure it will be in the future. The story seemed cliche at first but I was proved wrong. It takes a different turn from your usual cliche story. The times I tried to predict what happened I was also proven wrong. I really like your plot, it is quite intriguing and you are doing a good job executing it, you've got me quite captivated.

Writing style:
Your writing style is incredible. I enjoy the descriptions and details given. The story is so well written.

The adversity between Wren and the sisters was nicely done. However, I would say the relationship between Wren and Warner happened too fast?

She barely knew him and if I'm not wrong had only really conversed with him on the day of their class. Yes, the growing interest and maybe sexual tension was there but the way they were brought together felt a bit rushed and the timing as well. Was it a week after the incident in class that Mina apologised or was it the day after? Their bond felt too sudden and there wasn't enough background to support it.

Other than that, the story itself is well-executed and very intriguing.

Your descriptions are..... dare I say perfect?
I can Cleator picture what is going on!

Character development:
Wren, our dear Wren must have some character development, I'm sure she will. I couldn't care less about Warner anymore but who knows he might have some character development.

Overall enjoyment:
I really enjoyed this story and on a good day I would definitely click the read button. Your story is very well written, professional and engaging

Keep up the good work!
I hope this helps :)

─⁠──⁠──⁠──⁠─ ⋄ ☾∘☽ ⋄ ─⁠──⁠──⁠──⁠─

Thank you for requesting a review from us. Do let us know what you think so that we can improve to better provide for authors like you.