Take Two [Ash]

Book: Take Two
Author: -yellowandblue-
Reviewer: _Ash_es
Chapters read:

Cover: 2/5
I like the font used for the title and the way the colour matches with it. Although, generally, the whole cover work is very confusing and complicated. My apologies to whoever did it but its not looking professionally made.

Title and blurb: 6/10
Okay so, the title is a nice one. It's simple and really cool in my opinion. Your story description is really captivating, not gonna lie. There's a lot of suspense in it and I like that. The blurb is fairly okay but there are things you could do to make it look more professional and grab readers' interest.

I think you should space the sentences and put them into neat paragraphs. The mechanics aren't so good. Like, there are places where you should've used a comma instead of the full stop. There was also a part where you were like ‘for them, of them’  I didn't get. Lastly I think the description is just kinda ambiguous. I get that you are trying to add a little suspense but I think that you should just give a little more details because what's going on is not really clear.

Introduction: 12/20
Fairly intriguing. I like how all the main characters were introduced and the current situation of the kingdom was stated. My problem with the chapter was the fact that a lot of sentences were repeated and also the word ‘except’. I get to are trying to use the word that you explained at the beginning and I think that's creative but honestly, it makes the chapter really redundant and boring to readers.

Mechanics: 10/10
Perfect grammar, Punctuation and spelling. Paragraph spacing was done well.

Plot: 3/5
Honestly, it was very captivating. I think it's interesting what Uma is doing in the castle. That's what it is right? The tone of the story is calm at some parts and tense at others. I like stories that do that to my emotions:)But then the dialogue was a bit excessive in my opinion. Tightening it up would make the story to be read easily and faster.

Originality: 9/10
I have to give you credit. It is a really unique story. I love the show descendants. I like the twist you gave to the story and the new characters you brought in.

Writing style:17/20
Great descriptions and sentence structure. Writing style is definitely commendable.
But I have to say, the dialogue is too much and should be cut short. The dialogue and action tags too, are excessive. They shouldn't be used too often because it makes the story's pacing slower and will bore readers away.

Enjoyment: 16/20
Overlooking all errors, yeah I did like the story very much. I like the characters, their relationships and the whole story line in general, from what I've read so far anyway. Your writing style is really good. Just work on errors and keep writing:)

Total: 75/100

─⁠──⁠──⁠──⁠─ ⋄ ☾∘☽ ⋄ ─⁠──⁠──⁠──⁠─

Thank you for requesting a review from us. Do let us know what you think so that we can improve to better provide for authors like you.