Secrets Hidden in Time [Dee]

Book: Secrets Hidden in Time
Author: memorycraver
Reviewer: DHBurnside
Chapters read: 1

The blurb reads amazing. Fantastic writing. What I didn’t get though was an understanding of what the book is about. Are these two different tales to be told? The first one didn’t give a lot away and then the second one was a little on the longer side.

01 the promise

The first paragraph was excellent. Hooked me straight away. I was confused when we switched perceptions to a 32-year-old male.

Why would she be 25 and in high school?

I think the descriptions of characters to begin with is very confusing. How did she go from high school to a register office?

How did she go from being average to a well-educated woman? There is some unclear conflict. I’m not certain if this is the same character or totally different.

Great last line. ‘Touch wood’

This story is interesting but I think there are too many characters and it's reading confusingly. I think to solve it I would either add more information or cut out characters and add them in later on. Right now, there is too much clutter for a first chapter and it’s taking away from the story.

A great first chapter. Looking forward to reading more.

─⁠──⁠──⁠──⁠─ ⋄ ☾∘☽ ⋄ ─⁠──⁠──⁠──⁠─

Thank you for requesting a review from us. Do let us know what you think so that we can improve to better provide for authors like you.