Renewed Promises : Love's Second Chapter [Rama]

Book: Renewed Promises : Love's Second Chapter
Author: mini_writes23
Reviewer: ramarimalroy
Chapters reviewed: 4

Title: 5/5
The title fits the story perfectly. I just love the use of the word ‘renewed’.

Cover: 4/5
I love the cover and I would have given it a 5 if it had been any other book. I just think that it would be better if you showed the leads in traditional Indian clothing because it would make more sense considering the place of the story.

Blurb: 4/5
I like the starting part of the blurb (The she was , he was) but the later part is slightly confusing.

Story: 21.5/25:
Plot: 5/5
I love the idea of the story and the pacing. It feels authentic and we can really feel Mishti’s desperation. I also have to say, I love the character of Riya.

Dialogue: 5/5
If I could I would even rate it a 6/5. The dialogues are just perfect. They really feel like actual things people would say. I especially loved the conversations between Mishti and Riya and I could relate the goofy parts to conversations with my friends.

Descriptions: 4/5
I think the descriptions of the characters are good but the emotions are sometimes portrayed with too complex words that makes it seem a little off. Sometimes less is more and it will be my advice to not over describe the emotions and focus more on what the characters’ reactions to their emotions are instead of describing the emotions. Eg. Replace ‘Riya cautioned meeting Mishti’s gaze with determination.’ with something like ‘Riya cautioned looking straight into Mishti’s eyes, her voice stern.”

Believability: 4/5
I think that the characters are quite believable. The plotline itself though is slightly unusual so I would suggest making the characters more relatable. I also feel that there should be more reason than just being an orphan for Mishti to be so vulnerable against Raj’s family.

Grammar and writing: 3.5/5
Overall the writing is quite good. There are some grammatical mistakes here and there but those will be cleared out with my corrective comments.

Total: 34.5/40
I like your story and see great potential. Wishing you the best of luck in the future.

─⁠──⁠──⁠──⁠─ ⋄ ☾∘☽ ⋄ ─⁠──⁠──⁠──⁠─

Thank you for requesting a review from us. Do let us know what you think so that we can improve to better provide for authors like you.