Empress of Self Ruin [Nanya]

Book: Empree of Self Ruin
Author: mikrokosmos96
Reviewer: nanyapixie6
Number of chapters read: 5

Title:
I love it, it's intriguing, captivating and concise!

Cover:
It suits the title, it suits the dark fantasy vibe. The image used represents the MC and the fonts used are bold and elegant. I believe it to be a  suitable cover for the book

Blurb/Description:
It was well-written, it was intriguing. It had enough spice to make you click the read button and also it entices a reader's eye, though it seems like a lot is going on, it's explanatory.

Originality/creativity:
I haven't read a story like this on Wattpad before and the whole story form is so creative, it isn't cliche, it's unique and I liked the turn of having the minor character's story told.

Grammar/punctuation:
I haven't noticed any errors in the punctuation and the grammar as well. Your description is very enticing and well-written, I could picture a vivid image of what is going on!

Plot:
I won't lie, it's epic, it's unique, it's different from your normal read and it is well executed. It's very intriguing and compelling, I love it.

The change from the empress to the 30-year-old Hanbyeol was confusing, I had to re-read and understand how we got there, though the explanation after was good, the process was confusing and the switch was too fast. The way she suddenly appeared at a desk from her bed and started acting like a totally different person I feel could have had a better prelude.

Writing style:
The way the whole story is written is very professional and well edited. I enjoyed the thoughts of Calypso. It was well written and relatable. The characters, the scenes, the moments. I found myself involved and relating to them like I had been on this journey with Calypso and I felt her pain. It engages a reader's emotions and that is always a huge plus.

Character development:
Calypso had a good character from the beginning, she was a strong female who didn't let her emotions get the best of her but after her mental breakdown, my heart was with her. Personally, I feel like she's still going to have a character development later on in the book but she still has a fine character till now.

Overall enjoyment:
I honestly enjoyed the story and you said it was inspired by Korean Manwha.  I read a lot of Manwha and I really enjoyed your story. It's the type of story I would normally read if I was searching for and it is so well written. Ps: I feel it would make a great manga if it would ever be drawn into one.

Also are you the one that drew the pictures used, if so they are amazing and you did a really good job.

If I were to rate the story, I would give it a solid 9 because honestly, it deserves it.

Keep up the good work and I hope this helps :)

─⁠──⁠──⁠──⁠─ ⋄ ☾∘☽ ⋄ ─⁠──⁠──⁠──⁠─

Thank you for requesting a review from us. Do let us know what you think so that we can improve to better provide for authors like you.