Equilibrium [Abiya]

Book: Equilibrium
Author: glowingspacedoctor
Reviewer: Ablazeisaleo
Chapters read: 5

Cover and Title (2/10):
Let’s be honest here. Being a fantasy novel, it must contain an enchanting cover that actually pulls readers into checking out your book out of hundreds out there. Here, I cannot actually see a cover as it’s quite plain and since covers are like a stepping stone to reach a mass audience I would suggest getting a better cover to beautify your story.

Blurb (5/10):
The blurb contains basic information about the characters, the setting, and what readers must expect from the story as a whole but I would have loved to see more of a professional one. If I were to re-write the blurb, I would do so as follows:

In the enchanting tapestry of 'Equilibrium,' Zenneth Valgustus, an elf marked by the downfall of his lineage, embarks on a riveting journey through realms steeped in both magic and human intrigue. Twice shunned by the elven hierarchy and marginalized in a society once ruled by wealth, Zenneth forges an uncharted path within the realm of technology, a realm where his ingenuity knows no bounds.

Amidst the throes of destiny, Zenneth's life intertwines fatefully with Kevyn Fuego, an amiable elf from a distant tribe. As their worlds collide and fate propels Zenneth into the dizzying machinations of power and influence that span multiple realms, he confronts the essence of his being.

In this spellbinding tale of self-discovery and transformation, 'Equilibrium' unfolds a stirring romance. Amidst the chaos, Zenneth discovers not only his true self but also finds solace and courage in the unwavering support of Kevyn. Through trials that challenge the very fabric of their existence, their connection deepens, offering a beacon of hope in a world teetering on the brink of turmoil. 'Equilibrium' is a tale of love, resilience, and the indomitable spirit that binds two souls across a tumultuous yet captivating universe.

Character Description (6/10):
I love how Zen is portrayed throughout the chapters as not so an ordinary elf but I would have loved to read more about Kevyn, Rob, and many other characters as less description about them makes the readers forget about their appearance in the book which is a huge loss as obviously, all our characters be it a main or a cameo is important in a whole. Apart from that it’s amazing to see the overall setting and description.

Plot and Writing Style (8/10):
Though the basic components were lacking in the story such as the cover and the blurb, I must say that the writing style is simply beautiful! It’s easy, lucid, and professional enough for the readers to understand each and every word being told throughout the paragraphs. The only thing that I felt off might be the ratio of the descriptions to the dialogues as there are some chapters that have three to four paragraphs with absolutely no dialogues which makes it telling than showing. Apart from that, it’s amazing!

Grammar (8/10):
Regarding grammar, I did stumble upon a few grammatical errors and punctuation mistakes but a grammar checker can help solve the above issue.

Overall, the story has great potential but with the changes mentioned above it’s going to be a gem!

─⁠──⁠──⁠──⁠─ ⋄ ☾∘☽ ⋄ ─⁠──⁠──⁠──⁠─

Thank you for requesting a review from us. Do let us know what you think so that we can improve to better provide for authors like you.