Dark Hearts [Zee]

Book: Dark Hearts
Author: -moonlight_amethyst-
Reviewer: Nobody247GHOST
Number of chapters read: 1

Chapter One: I'm Sorry Rating (10/10]
I loved this chapter!

The opening paragraph is amazing, it makes your readers ask questions and start developing theories to what Kira may be doing. This is an amazing tactic for when writing a book because it naturally forces your readers to delve further into the universe of your book, to find out if their theories and conspiracies are right. The next paragraph really helps to back up the first, your readers are hooked. Hook, line and sinker! Beautiful! I especially love the sentence, "This is the one way you can get the closure you need." I just feel that this sentence really highlights that something traumatic has happened and that alone attracts the exact attention you want. I love the description comparison, in the next few paragraphs. You describe the grass she is sitting on as a "dull green" and then in the flashback you describe the moon and the sky as, "the impossibly round moon glowed against the inky skies, bathing the world in its silvery light." This unintentionally highlights just how dull and sad her world has become since Jacob died, this allows your audience to connect and feel for your main character and her situation.

I had literal chills and tears streaming down my face as I read the last couple of paragraphs, it is so sad but so beautifully written. I absolutely loved reading this story and though it was sad, I am undeniably grateful that I stumbled upon this book and so, so grateful that I got the chance to review it. You are an amazing writer, and you should be proud!

─⁠──⁠──⁠──⁠─ ⋄ ☾∘☽ ⋄ ─⁠──⁠──⁠──⁠─

Thank you for requesting a review from us. Do let us know what you think so that we can improve to better provide for authors like you.