Mr Weirdo [Ash]

Book: Mr Weirdo
Author: avniy1312
Reviewer: _Ash_es
Chapters read:

Cover: 4/5
It's a very interesting and beautifully done cover. It's really unique and gives off the ominous tone of the story successfully.

Title and blurb: 8/10
The title is as ominous and intriguing as the cover. Simple and elegant I would say. I really like it. The blurb was written very professionally, though it was kinda ambiguous to me so I'm not really sure what exactly is going on in the story. Nevertheless, it was very captivating and captured my interest.

Introduction: 15/20
I was curious and completely captivated at every part. It was a brilliant start. The problem I had with it was the tenses and the structure of some of your sentences but I'll explain further in mechanics.

Mechanics: 6/10
It's easy to read, dialogue was done well and the punctuation is good. I noticed you switch your tenses from past to present occasionally. It's tricky but for your work to look professional you have to learn how to maintain a tense. I also noticed that the way you structure your sentences is a little off in some parts. Usually, where a comma is supposed to be you use a full stop and vice versa but more on that in writing style.

Plot: 3/5
It's a very gripping and terrifying story. It's hard to stop reading and the emotions of the main character were so intense and I could feel them. I love the eerie tone of the story and the setting as well.

Originality: 9/10
It has a unique story line. The scenes are not cliché and the characters are really likeable and relatable. Of course, especially the weird man. He's my favourite character haha.

Writing style: 15/20
You writing style is really good but strange. I mean that you repeat words often and it makes the writing redundant. The tenses like I said before aren't constant too and there are also some awkwardly phrased sentences that I think you should work on.

Enjoyment: 16/20
Lovely work. Besides the few errors I pointed out, it is an amazing read.

Total: 76/100

─⁠──⁠──⁠──⁠─ ⋄ ☾∘☽ ⋄ ─⁠──⁠──⁠──⁠─

Thank you for requesting a review from us. Do let us know what you think so that we can improve to better provide for authors like you.