28

"You, with the man bun! Get in here for practice! Hurry it up!" Ukai shouts to someone outside of the gym.

Within minutes, a tall third year boy walks inside of the gym. His long brown hair was tied into a bun.

"Asahi?"

"Asahi-san?!"

Hinata jumped up. "You're gonna be joining us, Asahi-san?!"

Asahi sighed, walking further into the gym. He nods his head slightly, trying desperately to avoid eye contact with the other members of the team. "I guess so. J-just for today, I think. I can't promise that I'll be sticking around."

You watch as the boys split up into two teams. Only Sugawara, Nishinoya, and Asahi joined the adults that had walked in. "A practice match?"

Ukai turns to look at you. "Oh, good, you're wearing shorts. Why don't you join as a libero for the team? I need to see what the boys are capable of, but I think it might be a little unfair if I steal their libero without letting them have an extra player."

You nod, turning to face the court. "Sure thing. I'll just stick to receives and try not to get in the way of the others." You jog onto the court, giving a kind smile to the boys you'll be playing with. "Need a libero?"

Hinata leaped over to you, quickly engulfing him in a hug. "Yay! It's gonna be even more fun now that you're joining us, Y/n! I don't think you've been on the court since Nishinoya-senpai came back! Now you can show Asahi-san and Nishinoya-senpai how good you are!"

You chuckle nervously, scratching the back of your head. "Yeah, I'll do my best. I'm only filling in since Ukai-san asked me to. Don't expect me to always be playing with you."

He pouts. "Aw, but it's so much more fun with you playing too."

Kageyama rolls his eyes, scowling at the shorter boy. "Shut up, dumbass. L/n isn't a member of the team, and even if she did join, she wouldn't be able to stand on the court with us during actual games. Don't get too used to her playing with us. It's only for practice."

You nod, agreeing with the setter. "I'm only helping with practice. I can't be a player on the team. But don't worry, Shoyo. I'll be trying my hardest to not let the ball hit the ground. That means you get to play a lot of volleyball, right?"

The orange haired boy perks up, a smile as bright as the sun forming on his face. "You're right! Do your best, Y/n! I'll give this everything I've got. I'm gonna play volleyball with you for as long as possible!"

***

Nishinoya looked at you from the other side of the net, having just watched you make one of the most perfect receives he's ever seen. His eyes sparkled with awe. "Wow! That receive was perfect! How long have you been playing volleyball?!"

Sugawara shook his head. "Not now, Nishinoya. We're in the middle of a match. L/n is just good at volleyball, don't make a big deal of it."

"Do you have a boyfriend?! If not, can I take over that role?!" Nishinoya spoke in excitement, but Hinata flinched when he heard the words come from the second year's mouth.

Asahi looked horrified. "Nishinoya! Not during a game!"

Daichi gave the libero a hard stare. "Stop it right now. If you take this any further, I'm going to get mad."

You blinked, looking at the libero. "Uh, no I don't have a boyfriend. And I'm not interested in dating you. I only play volleyball well because of my middle school. I don't actually play on a team. The most i do is practice with these guys."

Nishinoya had stars in his eyes, gripping his shirt. "She spoke to me! I must be in heaven!"

Tsukishima looked disgusted. "L/n are you a magnet for weirdos?"

You shrug, looking confused. You couldn't even begin to understand what was happening. "I guess? Tsukishima, do you have any clue as to what's going on? I'm lost. I thought we were playing volleyball. Did I miss something?"

The tall blond shrugged, leaning close to you. "I'm just as confused as you are. I think the guys here are just weird."

You nod, watching as Nishinoya hugs himself with a smile and blush on his face. "I feel like I shouldn't be here anymore. Is it too late to back out of helping during golden week?"

Tanaka laughed. "Isn't she great? She's like Kiyoko, but she'll actually talk to us!"

Nishinoya was borderline swooning. "She actually talks often? Dude, heaven actually sent down an angel! I can die peacefully now!"

You scrunch your face up. "Can we get back to practice? I wanna get home to pack up and head to Kiyoko's house."

Tanaka and Nishinoya turned to you in awe. They look at each other with stars in their eyes. "Bro! Kiyoko-san and L/n together in one place?! We gotta be there for that!"

You pick up a volleyball, seeing the two boys stand on the same side of the net to hug. Silently, you tossed the ball into the air. You jumped and spiked the ball with all the strength in your body, hitting the two boys in the face. You land, watching them lay on the floor after you knocked them down. "Maybe that knocked some sense into you idiots. Get back to practice!"

Tanaka held his face. "She spiked the ball at us."

Nishinoya looked like he achieved nirvana. "We have been blessed by an angel."

You look Hinata dead in the eye. "And you look up to these two, Shoyo?"

The orange haired boy chuckles nervously. "They're great volleyball players."

Sugawara was shaking his head. "Those idiots. If you don't knock it off, Daichi's gonna get mad."

Asahi started trembling as he saw a dark look cross the captain's face. "Seriously, you two might wanna stop. Daichi's getting pretty mad."

The two second years didn't listen. It was like in their own world, just smiling and talking about you and Kiyoko. They felt like the luckiest guys in the whole world.

Daichi was about to burst. His anger was boiling over the pot. He took a step towards the two second years. "Knock it off, you two! Get back to practice before I knock some sense into you!"