105

"So, you made friends with some of the other first years at the camp?" Yachi tipped her head to one side, taking in the details of what you had been up to for the past few days.

Kiyoko scoffed. "Forget that. I'm more interested that she stayed in a boy's dorm with the guy. Like, how did Hinata react to that one?"

You shrug, not thinking much of it. "He didn't really react when I told him. He had just been curious as to where I was staying during the camp, so I told him. He didn't say anything about it, just kinda left it at that. I mean, it's not like there was much he could do about it."

"Ok." Yachi leaned in closer. "But Shiratorizawa's ace, Ushijima, was planning on offering you a place to stay in his dorm. Isn't that kind of a big deal?"

You shake your head. "Not really. We've known each other for years, so we were kind of close. He considers it natural to try offering me somewhere to go if I need a place."

Kiyoko hummed, raising a brow. "How exactly did you two know each other?"

"Oh, well, we both went to Shiratorizawa middle school. He would have me help out the boys' volleyball club, and kinda kept in touch. I guess you could say it was more like he found me and had me come over to the high school and continue helping out the team he was on. We were kinda close, but I wouldn't say I liked him enough to call him my friend. I found him a little rude, and emotionless. He didn't seem to think that much of others, considering he thought his team was always the strongest volleyball team in the prefecture."

"Well, he wasn't wrong." Yachi pointed out. "I mean, they never lost until we managed to beat them. They really were the strongest team. I still can't believe that we managed to win against them. I thought the team would get their arms ripped off from his spikes and serves."

You chuckle. "They're stronger than you think. Even I could easily receive anything Ushijima hits my way. It seemed to frustrate him that he'd always lose to a girl. I was way shorter than him at the time, too. The way he'd look so mad when I magically appeared and kept the ball in the air - man, that was so funny!" You burst out laughing at the memory from your middle school days.

Kiyoko chuckled. "And nowadays he wishes he could be your boyfriend. How do you think that happened?"

You take deep breaths, getting rid of your giggles. "I think he admired and respected my skills. I managed to help them become such a great volleyball team that it seemed impossible for them to lose. Not to mention, I was probably the best female he's ever seen play the very sport he's in love with."

Yachi's jaw dropped. "Ushijima has a thing for Y/n?!"

Kiyoko nods. "I mean, it was kinda obvious. I don't think he was really trying to hide it. He'd look at her often, and it seemed like he talked more whenever she was within earshot of him. I think I even saw a little smile on his face at one point when they were actually talking."

You roll your eyes. "I get it. He's in love with me while I'm in love with someone else."

"That you happen to be in a happy relationship with." Kiyoko added on for you.

Yachi looked between you two. "Oh, does Oikawa from Aoba Johsai also have a thing for you, Y/n? I vaguely remember him smiling and waving at you when we played against them. Didn't you go to talk to him after our match?"

You nod. "Yes, actually. He said he would've liked to have dated me, but I was already in a relationship with Shoyo. He said he'd respect that since I was happy. He actually smiled, feeling genuinely happy that I was doing so well. He knew me back in middle school as well, and he kinda saw that I wasn't happy to always be helping Ushijima out. Oikawa was kind of like the friend I needed back in middle school."

Kiyoko grins at you. "Look at you, having guys from all over falling for you. I bet that even some of the first years from the training camp started having a thing for you."

You scoff. "They all already knew that I was dating Shoyo. I'd feel bad if they gained feelings for me while also knowing that I'm taken."

The blonde girl nods. "That would be kind of sad. If I were in that position, I'd feel bad for everyone that likes me. I think I'd apologize profusely, even if they try to say that everything's alright. I don't think I could deal with other guys liking me."

Kiyoko chuckles. "I could see that. Meanwhile, I also know what it's like to have a whole bunch of guys have crushes on me. I can't say I feel bad for any of them. I'm more like... well, uncomfortable that so many guys want to date me even though I have no interest in them. How do you manage to deal with that, Y/n?"

"I dunno. I don't really care about it much. All I do is try to let them down easy, let them know I'm in a happy relationship, then agree to still be friends with them. It works for me, since I'm used to hanging around guys all the time. I don't think it would work as well with you two since you're not as used to it as I am."

Yachi nods, humming an agreement. "You're right about that. I don't think I could get used to making friends with a lot of guys. I think I'll stick to the guys on our team, since I'll be around them longer."

Kiyoko hums, nodding her head along with the shorter girl's words. "I think I have to agree with that one. I mean, I consider the boys on our team my friends, but I've never said that to them. I guess I'm not as close to them as you two, though. Y/n is probably the closest to all the guys. It's almost like you're a part of the team with how much she actually plays with them."

You chuckle a little. "Hey, I don't mind being one of the guys."