109

"Kageyama is so mean! I went out of my way to invite him, and he turns me down!"

You chuckle, watching as he complains about the setter while you two walk to the shrine. "Now, now, I bet Kageyama had his own plans today. And, either way, we'll be spending time with Hitoka and Yamaguchi."

Hinata huffed out a breath. "Yeah, luckily Yamaguchi didn't turn me down. How did you manage to ask Yachi to come with us?"

You shrug, tightening your grip on his hand that you had been holding during the entire walk. "I just asked her and she said yes. This'll be a fun little get together. It'll almost be like a double date."

Hinata turns to you, confusion written all over his face. "But Yamaguchi and Yachi aren't dating."

"Maybe not, but they would make a cute couple, don't you think?"

"Well, yeah. I can see that. Yamaguchi said he thought Yachi was pretty, and thinks he might have a crush on her."

You grin from ear to ear. "That's perfect. She likes him too. Oh, maybe we can try pushing them together today!"

Hinata bounces as you two continued walking. "I'm down to play match maker. But how can we set them up?"

You hum, trying to think of a plan. "Well, when we're ready to leave, we can say that you and I are gonna go on a date. We can try telling them that they should spend some time together, or something. I don't know what exactly we should say or do, but I bet we can think of something when the time comes. Oh, what are you gonna do at the shrine?"

"That's easy! I'm gonna pray that we win all our matches! And then, I wanna draw a good fortune!"

You chuckle leaning against your boyfriend's shoulder. "I should've expected that from you. And how would you know that you're gonna get a good fortune? What if you get bad luck or something?"

Hinata shakes his head. "I won't! I'm gonna get a good fortune! And so are you!"

You place a quick kiss to his cheek. "Have I ever told you how much I love you and your confidence?"

"Hmm, maybe a few times. But I always like hearing it more."

You burst out laughing. "Where did you learn all this from?"

He shrugs, a small grin on his face. "I have my ways."

You stop walking as you look ahead of you. "Ah, well, we've arrived early. I guess Yamaguchi and Yachi are gonna be here in a few minutes."

Hinata hums, then moves in front of you. Without letting go of your hand, he leans in to kiss you. His free hand cups your cheek, the fabric of his mittens soft against your skin. He pulls away slowly, a smile appearing on his face. "I love you, Y/n. Happy new year."

You smile back. "Happy new year, Shoyo. I love you more than everything else."

"Uh, am I interrupting something?" Yachi appears, looking nervous as her eyes focus on you two.

You shake your head, moving your boyfriend to your side. "No, we were just waiting for you and Yamaguchi. He should be here any moment now."

The girl nods, eyes shifting to look around her. "I still can't believe you wanted me to come along. What if I get a back fortune and it ruins the mood for everyone."

You shake your head, trying not to laugh. "Hitoka, I can assure you, I'm more likely to laugh if any of us get bad luck or something. I half expect at least one of us getting the bad fortune."

Yamaguchi walked over, hearing that statement. "It's probably gonna be me."

You laugh a little, trying to keep it under control. "No, watch, all of us are getting bad luck."

Hinata pouts. "You're jinxing it, Y/n. I want all of us to get good luck, or one of the other good fortunes. I won't talk to you if you make me get a bad fortune."

You roll your eyes playfully. "I'll just make your favorite food for dinner tonight. You'll forgive me right away, Shoyo."

Yamaguchi shifts his weight from one foot to the other. "I feel like I'm third wheeling on a date for you two."

Yachi nods, agreeing with the taller boy. "Maybe I should've stayed home."

You wave your hand in front of you. "It's not like that. We were gonna go on a date after the shrine visit. We just wanted to spend time with the other first years, but Tsukishima and Kageyama seem to want to come. I almost got Tsukishima to agree, but he said no the moment I let him know that Shoyo was also gonna be here."

Yamaguchi nods. "Yeah, Tsukki said he'd rather stay at home than hangout with any other the other members of the team today. That - that doesn't mean we can't still have fun. I bet this will be a good trip."

"It will be. Come on, let's head in since we're all here now." You pull your boyfriend along with you, heading into the shrine while Yamaguchi and Yachi follow behind you.

***

"What did you pray for, Y/n?" Yachi comes close as you all walk to grab your fortune slips.

"I just prayed that the gods would keep looking after me, my family, Shoyo and his family, and everyone in the club."

The blonde girl hums. "Yeah, that's the same as me."

You all grab your fortunes.

Yamaguchi holds his up for all of you to see. "Yay! Blessing! It says I will have great sucess in the future!"

Yachi beams when she holds hers. "Great blessing. Love will bloom, so take a chance with the one you love most."

Hinata grins, showing you his slip. "Small blessing. You will be successful soon."

You look at your slip, suddenly you feel cold. An ominous feeling looms over you. "Misfortune. You will feel pain from a loved one."

They go quick, worried looks spreading through the group. No one knew just how serious that fortune would be.

The near future is going to get dark.