101

You looked over at the two coaches, surprised from what they had just told you. "The boys will be starting to spend the nights on the campus, since school is no longer in session for the break?"

Coach Anabara nodded. "Yes. It makes it easier, so that they don't have to worry about travel and all of that. Even their meals are going to be taken care of."

Coach Washijo huffed out a breath, crossing his arms over his chest. "Except for your number ten. Since he wasn't invited, he isn't allowed to stay overnight. Make sure he leaves the grounds. You, however, are more than welcome to spend time on the campus. We can get something set up for you. In fact, a few members of my team might be willing to share their living spaces with you. I'm confident you'll have luck with Ushijima, Semi, or Goshiki."

You hum, furrowing your brows as you think. "Well, since the overnight stays start tomorrow, I guess I can pack a bag to spend the time here. I'll just need to contact my own team and inform them of the arrangements. There shouldn't be much problem with that, since they can go without me for a bit. I'll just make up for lost time when we all go back for normal practices."

Anabara sighs with relief. "Thank goodness. It'll be really good to have you around more often, L/n. We've seen some serious improvements ever since you got involved. Do you have a gift for bringing out the best in others, or something?"

You avert your eyes to the ground, not daring to look into the eyes of either adult. "You could say that. I've always been able to make teams and their players much stronger, I've done it for years. I guess you could say it's a gift of mine." You refocus on the boys on the court, noticing how Hinata was still giving his all into being a ball boy. A smile appears on your face as you watch the boy you're in love with work hard no matter what the situation is.

***

You walk a certain orange haired boy off the school's campus. "Get home safe, Shoyo. Make sure to eat and get plenty of rest."

Hinata nods, slowly turning to face you. "It sucks that you get to stay here and I can't. Now the ride home is gonna feel so lonely."

You reach out to ruffle his hair. "It'll be alright. We'll still see each other during the day. I can keep a closer eye on Tsukishima this way."

Hinata forces his lips to remain curled upwards, resisting the urge to frown deeply. "Right. The other guys at the camp seem to really like you, they've come up to talk to you quite often."

You hum, nodding slightly. "Yeah, I've noticed that as well. I guess they just like having a girl around to help them out, especially since I've been helping them improve a lot. Goshiki especially seems to try talking to me more often. Ah, but you'll have nothing to worry about. You're the only person I'll ever love. None of the other boys are gonna steal me from you." You lean in, kissing his cheek. "So don't worry about any of that, ok?"

The short middle blockers manages to smile a little bigger. "Thanks. I guess that makes things a bit better. I should head home now. See you tomorrow, Y/n." He turns away and soon disappears from sight.

You let out a sigh, turning to go back inside one of the big buildings. You end up joining the other first years in the cafeteria, grabbing some food and sitting beside the other member of your team. "Did you get enough to eat, Tsukishima?"

Tsukishima turns to look at you, nodding a little. "Yeah. I ate as much as I wanted. I think I'm fine now. I'll just stick around for a while to keep you company, if you'd like."

You chuckle. "I won't stop you from staying or leaving. Just do whatever you want. If you really wanted to, you pretend like I'm not even here and get washed up and go to bed. As long as you're taking care of yourself, I'll be happy with anything you do."

His lips curl upwards slightly. "I'll stay to keep you company. It wouldn't feel right to just leave you by yourself."

Goshiki sits down across from you, his tray mostly full of food. It was clear that he already ate a little. "She won't be alone. I wanted to sit with her, since she's going to be staying for the rest of the week." He smiles at you. "Tomorrow, do you think you can send me some more sets? I like your tosses a lot, and I feel like it helped me improve my spiking  a little."

You nod at the boy. "Yeah, of course. As long as I can also get some practice with receiving your serves and a few of your spikes. I think you should work on putting gmore power behind your hits, really make a player work hard to get a good receive off of you."

The wing spiker nods eagerly. "Of course! I've never seen a receive as perfect as yours! On the first time you walked in, I remember you immediately receiving a stray ball and perfectly returned it to the ball cart. It was amazing! Not even the most skills liberos I've watched would be able to react that quickly and with perfect precision. Oh, but don't tell that to my teammates. They might get mad at me."

You laugh it off, waving your hand in front of you. "Don't worry about that. I'm not exactly on speaking terms with very many of them. I mainly only get the chance to have conversations with Ushijima and Semi. The others... well, they don't like me much."

Tsukishima silently observes the conversation, also watching the two first years from Aoba Johsai make their way over. He watches as the boys sit down nearby, definitely within earshot of you, Goshiki, and Tsukishima. The tall blonde middle blocker also sees Koganegawa make his way over, sitting right next to Goshiki. Why are they all gathering over here?

The tall setter looks at you, excitement in his eyes. "You're Hinata's girlfriend, right? I'm Koganegawa, the current setter for Dateko. Your sets are awesome! Have you ever played volleyball before?"

You shake your head. "Not on a team, but I played in gym class back in middle school. Actually, I went to Shiratorizawa middle school, so they made us students learn to play well enough to join the volleyball clubs. I just use my skills to help out nowadays. If you'd like, I can help you work on perfecting your sets."

Koganegawa nods quickly. "Please! My team will be much happier with me if I can get a hang of setting soon."

Kindaichi leans over. "Mind sending some spikes my way tomorrow, as well?"

You smile at each of the boys. "I'll set and receive for any of you that want me to. I'm here to help. Don't hesitate to talk to me, if you'd like to work with me."

Tsukishima suppresses the smile that wants to spread across his face. L/n is good at dealing with people. I'm almost jealous that she can befriend everyone. She really is something special.