112

"Nope. Nuh uh. Not happening." You shake your head, already done with everything.

Hinata looks at you with pleading eyes. "But, Y/n, you might be the only one fast enough. I can't play without my shoes. I need you right now."

Kiyoko sighs, stepping forward. "I'll go get Hinata's bag. Y/n, you can take my place if I don't get back here soon enough. If I'm unable to be beside the boys on the court, then I want you to sit there. You're the one with the most experience and I know you can help during the match."

You nod, your lips in a thin line. "Of course. Even though I wouold've put Hitoka on the bench, this is the least I can do for you since you're going out of your way for my idiot."

He took offense to that. "Hey! I may not be very smart, but you don't have to call me an idiot just because I took the wrong bag!"

You narrow your eyes at him. "I call you an idiot because I tell the truth. I love you, but you've got to be one of the dumbest people I have ever met. You can't even practice properly without your shoes, and now someone has to go find the person with your bag just to retrieve something you lost. Maybe if you were a little more careful with your belongings, or, I don't know, made sure you had a bag that no one else would have, maybe this wouldn't have happened."

"I got it already! You don't have to lecture me about it!"

You sigh, shaking your head. "This is really the worst timing, Shoyo. This is our first match at nationals and we need to be able to play at our best."

The orange haired boy pouts. "I know that. Which is why we need someone fast to be able to get it."

You point at the door, where the older girl had disappeared to just before you started lecturing the boy. "Why do you think Kiyoko is going out of her way to help you. She, just like everyone else here, wants to see this team go far. Look, I don't mean to make you feel bad or anything like that. Just like everyone else, I'm feeling stressed and nervous about everything going on."

Hinata hums, closing the distance between you two. "You worry more than anyone else. Are you sure you can handle everything? It seems like you've kinda been falling apart ever since you got the misfortune slip."

"In my defense, I've never received something so ominous before. I just don't want anything bad to happen, especially not around now. This is a very important time for all of us. If something goes wrong, it's affect everyone."

He pulls you into a hug, kissing your cheek. "You need to relax more than all of us combined. I promise, nothing bad is going to happen during this tournament. We're gonna be at 100% and win all of our games. Nothing bad is going to happen, especially not for a long time. I promise that you have nothing to worry about, Y/n."

You give him a small smile. "For everyone's sake, I hope you're right, Shoyo."

He pulls you into a kiss, making sure not to drag it out much. He gives you a bright smile as he pulls away. "See? Nothing to worry about. Just go sit on the bench and take a few deep breaths for a little. You just need to relax yourself a little. Everything will be fine."

You nod, walking over and sitting down on the bench. You continue watchig the team, even as the other first year manager sits beside you. "I feel a bit better. Still nervous as fuck, but not as bad as before."

Yachi was pale, a nervous expression resting on her face. "That makes one of us. I'm so stressed about everything going on that I might just throw up. It's a good thing that you'll be here to sit on the bench during the match. I think I'll be a bit too useless for the team."

You chuckle softly. "There's nothing to worry about, Hitoka. I think you just need to take a few deep breaths. Everything will work out in the end."

Takeda ended up overhearing the conversation. "That's the exact reason why you're the one Shimizu wants to be closest to the team in the off chance she won't be able to get here quick enough. L/n, I don't think you realize just how important you are to the team. Just like Nishinoya and Tanaka, you're able to keep everyone's mood good. Not only that, but you're more useful than me and the other managers when it comes to volleyball. You'll be the most help for us during this match."

Coach Ukai walks over to you guys. "I'm counting on you, L/n. You can see things just a bit better than I can. If I don't see a problem, usually you can. I'll need your skills to help us get through the first round. I'm hoping I can count on you."

You grin as you look up at the coach. "Don't worry about a thing. I've got this. You can count on me."

Ukai matches your grin with one of his own. "Good. Now, let's hope that Shimizu gets here on time with Hinata's shoes. Once we have those, the boys should be able to give it their all. I'm confident that we'll prove just how strong we've gotten since the last time Karasuno made it to nationals."

You all continue to watch over the warm ups. The boys were doing well, given the fact that Hinata was limited in what he was able to do without his shoes. Even without the shoes, the orange haired boy was able to warm up well enough to show he shouldn't be taken lightly. You could only hope things would go even better once your boyfriend finally has his bag back.

Luckily for you and the team, Kiyoko showed up on the second floor just before the game began. She tossed the bag down to you, wishing good luck to the team as she stands beside Yachi. You smile back, then give your boyfriend his bag. You watch as he happily changes into his shoes and gets ready to start playing. You smile to yourself. Looks like everything is going to be just fine. I really have nothing to worry about.

Hinata frowns once his face is out of sight from everyone. I already fucked up once. I can't make any more mistakes. If I mess up badly, I'll just have to use the knife I brought with me. The very thing I hid deep within my bag. The moment I lose, I'll kill myself.