98

Your brows furrow as all you see is his back facing you. Not once today has he looked in your direction, at least not yet anyways. You sigh, leaning against the wall behind you and tilting your head upwards. You stare at the ceiling, focusing on the bland sight before you. You look at one of the lights for a moment, not wanting to blind yourself so you look away quickly.

Tsukishima walks over to you, standing right at your side and copying your posture. "Is there a problem between you and shrimpy?"

You refrain from letting out another sigh. You use your peripheral vision to glance at the boy beside you. "Is it that obvious?"

"You two haven't spoken since last night. I can feel an uneasy tension whenever you two get too close to each other. If it's in your best interest, I suggest talking to him sooner rather than later. Clear up whatever is going on with you guys, and make sure it doesn't effect the team. It feels weird when he's not cheering aloud and shining bright like the sun. I may dislike how he is, but it's weird when he acts differently. It leaves quite the repulsive taste in my mouth. And... I don't like seeing you down in the dumps like this. You're better when you have a heavenly glow and smile like an angel." He goes quiet, fearing he might've said more than what was necessary. He felt uncomfortable with getting so personal with anyone, being soft for once towards another person.

You chuckle quietly, but loud enough for the boy next to you to hear it. "Thanks. I think I needed to hear that. I'll talk to him once morning practice is over. I don't want to distract him while he's busy. Thanks for talking to me, Tsukishima. I really appreciate it." You look over at him, offering a kind smile.

Tsukishima turns his head to look at you, a faint smile painting his lips. "It's no problem. If you'll excuse me now, I should probably get back on the court." He pushes himself off the wall, making his way back towards the other players. A sigh escapes him. Why did someone like her have to come into my life, just for her to be in love with someone else?

Yamaguchi raised a brow at his friend. "Is everything alright, Tsukki?"

The blond doesn't look at him. "It's fine, Yamaguchi. Nothing to concern anyone." He silently goes back to practicing, not daring to utter another word to anyone else.

When practice drew to a close, you walk right over to your boyfriend. "Shoyo. Come here. We need to talk."

Hinata froze, his muscles tensing. He remembered what he had been told about that phrase, especially when a deadly serious tone was used to say it. He grew nervous over what you might say to him. Nonetheless, he turns to face you. "Yes?"

You release a breath. "Look, I'm sorry if I wasn't being the nicest girlfriend last night. I just wanted you to understand what you were choosing to do, and how it could affect you and the team. I won't pester you about it anymore, but I don't fully agree with you going to that camp if all you're doing is being a ball boy. I feel like you could be wasting what little time we have left before the tournament in January."

He felt his body relax, glad that this talk wasn't about breaking up. "Sorry. I think this will help me though. I'm quite sure how yet, but I have a good feeling about it. I don't even know if I'll ever get another chance like this. I'm going to keep acting as a ball boy. There's nothing that can stop me from trying this out. Even coach Ukai said that it takes a certain amount of skill to be a ball boy. This might be exactly what I need to get better. I'm sorry I caused trouble, but I'm not going to turn back now. I've been given permission to keep going, so I plan to attend the camp every day."

You nod. "Of course. I'll still be walking you guys to the camp, come back and practice with the team for an hour, then I'll be with you guys for the rest of the night." You spread a smile across your face. "I'll be there offering some support from the side lines."

Hinata smiles back at you. "Thanks, Y/n. Ah, I need to change now. I'll see you later." He walks off to the clubroom.

He ends up receiving a lecture from Daichi while Sugawara and Asahi listen in. Sugawara tries to suppress his amusement, while Asahi looks almost terrified. The rest of the team had already went to their classes. When Daichi finished his lecture, Hinata ends up getting an angry lecture from Takeda.

You, however, sit in your seat inside of your classroom. You turn to the girl behind you. "Hitoka, can you handle the extra workload I'll be leaving you and Kiyoko with while the training camp at Shiratorizawa is going on?"

Yachi nods, trying to give a confident smile. "I'll do my best. You don't need to worry about a thing. Nothing will go wrong while you're away."

You grin at her. "Happy to hear that. Thanks for everything. You and Kiyoko really have to work hard for the team now."

The blonde tips her head to one side. "But you're the one that's being spread very thin. You barely have time for the team, since you need to watch over Tsukishima and Hinata. I think you have the heaviest workload of all of us."

You shrug, leaning further against the back of your chair. "And on top of club stuff, I'm still checking in on Kageyama. Apparently, I'm the only one keeping constant contact with him while he's at the youth camp. He seems to be doing fine so far, but I'm kinda worried about how well he'll be able to handle everything. A part of me wishes I could've gone with him to keep an eye out for him."

Yachi places her hand on your shoulder. "I think everything will be fine. We shouldn't have anything to worry about with the team. Nothing is gonna seriously change with any of the guys."

If only that were true.