Black Death

Europe, 1349. The Black Plague raged throughout the continent, killing so many people that Rebekah and Elijah Mikaelson had begun to wonder if it was the end of mankind.

 "We should be careful how much blood we take from them," Elijah said to his sister. "This disease is already killing so many that we must be cautious as to how many we kill."

 He and Rebekah were in agreement on that. Klaus and Kol, on the other hand, did not seem to care at all that there was a plague killing a good part of the human population travelling around Europe. 

 "Try telling them, Elijah," Rebekah told him. "You are our voice of reason."

 So he tried. Kol merely scoffed and said, "You're being ridiculous, Elijah. There are still enough of them left for us to keep drinking human blood all the time."

 Klaus, however, seemed to take Elijah's thoughts a little more seriously. "Now, Kol, Elijah does have good reason to be concerned. Perhaps we should be a little more careful."

 Elijah smiled. "I am happy we can agree."

~~~~~~

 It didn't matter where they went; it was everywhere.

 "Will this ever end?" Rebekah wondered aloud once.

 "I hope so," Elijah replied. They had both been drinking animal blood for the last six months, only occasionally taking part in human blood. 

 Kol kept on acting like his dangerous, reckless self, paying his concerned siblings no heed. Then one night, Kol and Klaus got into a terrible fight. It resulted in Klaus daggering Kol, and placing him in a  coffin beside Finn's.

 "Perhaps now we can have some peace," Klaus said to his siblings, who were afraid to say anything. They knew better to disagree with their half-brother when he was in this sort of mood.

 It did eventually go away, the Plague, but the trio still couldn't bring themselves to undagger either of their brothers.

 "Perhaps," Elijah said, "there will come a day where we will be able to trust them again, and they can rejoin us."