Sage #1

You are a little surprised when your old friend, Klaus Mikaelson, invites you to a ball he and his family are hosting. It's been a while since the last time you saw any of the Mikaelson siblings, and wonder what they're up to and why they're suddenly hosting a party for the citizens of Mystic Falls. The Mikaelsons are dangerous, but you let your curiosity get the best of you and decide to go.

~~~~~~

 The ball is just starting when you arrive. It is your first time in Mystic Falls, so the familiar faces you see are the Mikaelson siblings, all five of which are there. That surprises you; they don't usually get along so well with each other. But then you think they're probably just putting up appearances fro their mother, who is also present.

 You are going to go greet them when a familiar voice behind you.

 "Y/N?"

 You turn to see Sage standing no more than ten feet away from you. Sage, whom you haven't seen for centuries.

 "It is you." She smiles. "What are you doing here, Y/N?"

 "The Mikaelsons invited me," you say. "Were you invited,  too?"

 She nods. "Finn asked me to come." She steps closer. "How are you, Y/N? It's been centuries."

 "It has, hasn't it? You haven't exactly made yourself easy to find."

 "I know. I've been keeping myself under the radar for a long time."

 "Why?" you ask. "Were you in trouble? Because-"

 "Oh, no." She shakes her head. "No trouble. I just...wanted to be alone, I guess."

 You both stand there awkwardly, not sure what to do now. The music starts up again for the next dance.

 "How about we dance?" you hear yourself ask. 

 "I would be happy to," Sage replies.

 You lead her out onto the dance floor, and the two of you soon fall in line with the other couples.

 "I missed you, you know," she says. "Nine hundred years is a long time. Are you and Klaus still friends, then?" 

 "I guess so," you say. "I haven't really talked much to him or the others lately. What about you? How are things with you and Finn? You know, now that he's not daggered in a coffin anymore?"

 She sighs. "You know, I pined for him for nine centuries. Now that he's back, things just aren't the same as they were. And now I don't know what to do."

 You think back centuries, and suddenly remember being jealous seeing Sage and Finn together. It had truly bothered you how close they became. 

 "Well, not all romances work out," you say, not sure what else to say. "Maybe you and Finn just aren't meant to be. There could be someone else out there."

 "I suppose so. What about you, Y/N? Have you had any great loves over the centuries?"

 You, you want to say. But instead you just shake your head and say, "No. Romance isn't something that's really happened to me."

 The dance ends, and the two of you walk off the dance floor.

 "I always liked you, you know," she says. 

 You nod. "Well, I like you, too. A lot."

 She smiles again. "I know. I'm not blind, Y/N." She leans over and kisses you softly on the lips. You kiss her back, enjoying the moment.

 When the kiss ends, you ask, "Would this be a good time to leave? In case the Mikaelsons notice us?"

 "I think we can stay a little longer. Why don't we meet up when the party's over? I'll be waiting at the entrance."

 As she walks away, you realize you completely forgot about going to greet Klaus and the others. You look at your watch and decide you'll have time to chat with Klaus or Elijah before going to meet Sage. You'll do your best not act ordinary, and not like you may have just stolen Finn's long-lost love.