Lucien Castle #2

You have loved Lucien Castle for years, since you were children. You wish he would love you back, but he obviously doesn't.

 Yet he acts like a man in love, and you can't help but wonder just who he has fallen in love with. You usually tell each other everything, so you hope he'll satisfy your curiosity and tell you who he's in love with.

 So, you're happy when one day, he tells you, "Y/N, something has happened to me. Something good."

 "And what is that?" you ask.

 He leans a little closer and says in a low voice, "I'm in love."

 You raise your eyebrows, pretending to be surprised. "In love?" you repeat. "With who?"

 He looks around the both of you, as if to see if anyone was nearby and could hear him.

 "It is Aurora de Martel," he whispers. "I am in love with her, and I'm going to ask her to run away with me."

 You stare at him, dumbstruck. "Run away? The two of you?"

 "Exactly. You can come with us, too, Y/N. We can all get away from this dreadful place, and we don't ever have to come back. It's perfect, isn't it?"

 You really don't know how to respond. "Um, yes. Yes, perhaps. It would be nice to live somewhere else. If you're going to ask her, I suggest you find a way to do in secret."

 You walk away from Lucien, not sure how to feel. In all the time you've hoped that perhaps he could return your feelings, he has been in love with Aurora de Martel. She has shown no signs of having any affections towards him, or at least none that you have seen. But surely she could never love him the way you do. 

 As much as you love Lucien, you find yourself hoping Aurora will crush all of his hopes for a happy ending between the two of them.