Genevieve #1

You hang around on the street corner, waiting for Genevieve. She's already late, and you can't think what she could be up to.

 "Y/N!"

 Genevieve comes walking briskly down the street towards you. She's smiling, but looks a little nervous.

 "Hello." She gives you a quick kiss in greeting. "You haven't been waiting too long, have you?"

 "I don't think so." The two of you begin to walk down the street together. "Are you all right, Genevieve? You seem a bit tense."

 "Yes, I suppose I am," she says. "I've had an interesting evening."

  "Interesting?" you repeat. "Well, my day was boring, so do tell."

 "Well, it...it's supposed to be secret," she says.

 "Really? How secret is it that you can't even tell me?"

 "It's something Rebekah Mikaelson got me to do."

 "Rebekah Mikaelson? Why would any of the Mikaelsons want you to do anything for them?" you ask.

 "Oh, it's complicated, Y/N."

 "Is it anything that's going to put you in danger?" you ask. "If it is, then I should know so I can protect you."

 She smiles at you. "You've always been so protective."

 "And you love that about me. Now, what did Rebekah Mikaelson make you do for her?"

 "It has to do with her father, Mikael. She and Marcel Gerard want to summon Mikael to New Orleans."

 "Why would they want to do that? Isn't he a vicious murderer?"

 "Exactly," she says. "They want to use them to run Klaus Mikaelson out of town. Rebekah and Marcel are in love, but Klaus won't let them be together."

 "So, Mikael comes to town, Klaus runs away, Rebekah and Marcel have their happy ending. Do you think it will work?"

 She sighs. "I don't know, Y/N. I'm worried. We've heard stories of Mikael. He has burned down entire cities just to find Klaus. He could easily burn down New Orleans."

 "Genevieve, those are stories. We don't know how real they actually are. He might not even come. And if he does come, would getting Klaus Mikaelson out of New Orleans really be a bad thing? I still think you should tread carefully, though. Being around the Mikaelsons is dangerous."

 "I know." Genevieve smiles and kisses you. "I know you'll be here to make sure I stay safe, and I'm happy you will be."