Enzo St. John #2

When Enzo comes over to see you, you don't expect him to start talking to you about some new love of his. Yet he does.

 "So, who is she?" you ask, not sure you actually want to know.

 "It's Lily Salvatore," he answers.

 "What, Stefan and Damon's mother?" You're surprised to hear it. "Enzo, Damon is your best friend. How did you end up falling in love with his mother?"

 "Does it really matter? What matters is that I am in love with her, and she's wasting her time with that scum Julian."

 "Julian?"

 "Her boyfriend. She thinks that he's actually good for her. She thinks she's in love with him."

 "Well, maybe she actually is," you say. "If she says-"

 "But that's exactly it," Enzo cuts in. "That's what she says. You haven't met Julian, Y/N. He's an absolutely horrible person, and you wouldn't like him if you did meet him."

 "Okay." You put your coffee cup down. "Look, I don't know why you came to me to complain about this, but can you tell me what exactly you plan to do about it?"

 He sighs. "Well, that's just it, isn't it? I don't know what to do. I suppose I'll just have to use my charm to win her over."

 "That's your big plan?" you ask. "Use all of your Enzo charm on her until she dumps her jerk boyfriend?"

 "Well, I would say I can be rather charming when I want to be," he says. "You don't think I'm charming?"

 "Well, I didn't say that. If you want to try it, go ahead. Maybe it'll work."

 "Then I suppose I will. Thanks for the talk and the coffee, Y/N."

 After he leaves, you sigh and sit down on the sofa. Lily Salvatore? Seriously? The woman who took over Mystic Falls with her heretic 'children'? Why her?

 Haven't you let your feelings show enough for Enzo to know you love him?