Rebekah Mikaelson #2

You absolutely love your girlfriend Rebekah. She is an incredible person, and you couldn't love her more. You know she loves you, too. Still, you can't help having a little bit of a jealous streak when it comes to her.

 On one of the days you visit the compound, you see Rebekah talking to Marcel Gerard. You know he and Rebekah were entangled in some kind of star-crossed romance decades ago, but it's not something Rebekah likes to talk about. Whatever it is, it looks like it could be something serious, though neither of them seem worried. You walk as Marcel leaves, and you give him a friendly nod.

 "Hello, Y/N," Rebekah says with a smile. "I didn't know you be here this morning."

 You shrug. "I thought I'd come early." You glance at the doorway. "What was Marcel doing here?"

 "Oh, some matter about running the city. He was here looking for Nik, I think. You know I'm not one for politics. Are you all right, Y/N?"

 "Yeah, I'm fine," you reply a little too quickly. "Um, what were you guys talking about, then? It looked kind of serious."

 She nods. "It was. And a rather awkward run-in. We agreed that from now in we'll just act civil towards each other, try not to be too awkward. Why? What did you think was going on?"

 You shrug again. "Some kind of emergency, I guess."

 She doesn't look convinced. "Marcel and I are done, you know. Anything romantic between us was a long time ago." She smiles a little. "I've moved since then, you know. Now, come on." She takes you by the hand. "Spending time with you will give me an excuse not to spend time with brothers. They can be amazingly annoying, you know."

 When you see her smile, you instantly feel silly for being jealous of Marcel at all.