Finn Mikaelson #1

You have had a love of books and reading for most of your life, which was how the library came to be one of your favorite places. You could spend a whole day there if you ever had the chance.

 One day, you happen to be looking through the horror books, a genre you don't usually read. The books are packed tightly together on the shelf, and as you try to pull one out, several of them go tumbling to the floor. You bend down to pick them up, but hear a voice say, "Here, allow me."

 "Thank you," you say to the man who gathers up the books for you. "They were packed in pretty tightly."

 "It would seem so." He looks down at the cover of one of the books you were looking at. "Vampires. Do you read that sort of thing?"

 You shrug. "Not usually. I try not limit myself to a specific type of book. You know, try to read different things."

 He nods. "That is good plan. I've meant to do something of the sort myself. I'm Finn."

 "Y/N. Um, you seem pretty interested in that book."

 He shrugs and places the book back on the shelf. "It just seems strange to me how people romanticize vampires."

 "Seems a little silly, doesn't it?" you say jokingly.

 "I certainly don't think the subject of vampires should be taken lightly," he replies solemnly.

 "Oh." You pause, not sure what else to say. "Um, do you live in Mystic Falls?"

 "Yes, I do live in the area. Although, I unfortunately I have to share with my younger brothers and sister." He looks around. "I should probably go. It was a pleasure meeting you, Y/N."

 "Nice to meet you, too. See you around?"

 "Hopefully."

 What a strange man, you think after Finn leaves. He seemed kind of sensitive on the subject of vampires. But maybe some people are just that way. Maybe he actually believes vampires are real.