Vincent Griffith #1

You know that bad things have been happening around New Orleans, and it definitely has something to do with the Mikaelsons' return, which has had everyone on edge. But you've also heard talk of something called the Hollow. Not sure what to make of any of this, you decide to go see Vincent. He knows most of what goes on around the city, and he'll know what kind of danger is lurking.

 You find him sitting in the church, alone.

 "Hey, Vincent," you say. "Can I talk to you about something?"

  He looks up at you. It seems like you must have startled him.

 "Hey, Y/N," he says. "I think you caught me at a bit of a bad time. What's up?"

 "I wanted to ask you about the stuff that's been going on around the city," you say. "What is this stuff about the Hollow I've been hearing?" 

 He sighs. "Nothing good. Y/N, you're going to have to be on your guard. Everyone is. With the Hollow and the Mikaelsons in the city, New Orleans is not safe anymore."

 "When will the Mikaelsons be leaving?" you ask. "Or will they be staying permanently?"

 "Hopefully not. But for now, I have to work with them."

 You're not sure you've heard him right. "Vincent, are you working with them now? Why?"

 "Because no matter how terrible they are, they can help me stop the Hollow from destroying this city. Once that's done, I'm not having anything to do with them."

 "Does Marcel Gerard know about this?"

 "Marcel knows what's at stake here. He and I will focus on chasing the Mikaelsons out of the city once the Hollow is gone." He pauses. "I, um, have work to do."

 "Does it have anything to do with the Mikaelsons?" you ask.

 "It does, actually. I don't know how it happened, but I'm helping Elijah Mikaelson find some of the Hollow's followers. I know you're going to ask, so no, you can't come." 

 "Vincent, you know I can help," you say.

 "I know, but I don't want you involved."

 "Then can you promise me this will be over, sooner or later?"

 He nods, although hesitantly. "I promise. I'm not anything hurt you, Y/N. This is going to end, one way or another, even if I'm stuck working with Elijah Mikaelson."

~~~~~~

 I honestly think Vincent is a very underrated character. No one ever writes about him.