Stefan Salvatore #1

The Salvatore Boarding House

 You slowly open the door to Stefan's room. "Stefan? You in here?"

 Stefan is sitting at his desk, writing in his journal. He looks up and gives you a small smile. "I'm here. What are you doing here?"

 "I came to check up on you," you say, and enter the room. "Damon told me you went through another Ripper phrase. How are you doing?"

 He sighs and puts down his pen. "Not good. I...I try to control myself, to not turn into that dark ripper. But it always ends up happening to. It's always what happens to me. I don't know how to stop it, Y/N. I really don't know what to do with myself." 

 "I think you need to not be so hard on yourself for once." You walk over to the desk. "Stefan, you need to stop feeling sorry for yourself, and figure out what to do next. You are never going to get past this if you're just going to sit around up here moping all day. Let me help you out."

 He smiles at you. "Okay. You're right. I need to get past it, move on." He pauses. "How did I ever end up with someone as great as you on my side?"

 You smile at him. "Lucky chance. I'm serious, though. I'm going to be here for you."

 He nods. "I know. That's what makes me feel even luckier."