Klaus Mikaelson #1

You look up at the building. This was apparently the place. You wonder if Klaus had changed any since you last saw each other, and decide there is only one way you're going to find out.

 You walk into the Mikaelson compound. "Hello? Is anyone home?"

 "Who is it now?" you hear a familiar voice call. "If you're here to kill me, I'll have you know I used the last white oak stake to kill my father."

 "That must be a relief," you call back, wondering if he'll recognize your voice. "Wasn't he crazy or something?"

 You wait a moment as a silence steps in. Then you hear footsteps, and see Klaus Mikaelson standing at the top of the stairs.

 "It can't be," he says. "Y/N?"

 You nod. "The one and only."

 He smiles. "Then this is a pleasant surprise. How long has it been?"

 You shrug. "Must be a few centuries by now. You disappeared kind of suddenly. Took years for me to hear you had finally settled in New Orleans."

 "I would think so. I'm sorry my father drove of us away so suddenly. But, as I said, he's gone now, and I will not be going anywhere."

 "That's nice to hear. How are your sister and brothers? You know, Rebekah, Elijah, and Kol?"

 "Oh, yes. Well, it seems I have quite a lot to fill you in on. How about you let me take out, get you a drink? I can give you a tour of my city, and tell you some adventures from the last few centuries."

 You smile. "I like that idea. If you don't have anything else to do, let's go. So, how did you end up here, of all places?"

 You depart from the compound together as he begins to tell you his story.