Aurora de Martel #1

Centuries. That is how long it has been since the last time you saw your sire, Aurora de Martel. About 1,000 years, to be exact. You wish it hasn't been that long, that you could find her and be with her again. Her brother has probably had her hidden away somewhere, tyrant he could be so often.

 And then the day comes when you finally get an exact location on her: New Orleans, Louisiana. You're actually a little surprised at that. It's the current residence if the Mikaelson family. You can't think why Aurora would want to go there. Unless it was to find Klaus. But that was ridiculous. Why would she want Klaus back after he had left her all those years ago? Now that you know where she is, you know you have to find her before she does something to get herself killed.

~~~~~~

 You approach the Strix house with anticipation. You wonder if Aurora is even here. You would really rather not have to talk to Tristan.

 You are about to knock on the front door when a car pulls up to the house, and out steps none other than Tristan de Martel. He actually looks a little surprised to see you.

 "Well. Y/F/N Y/L/N. You haven't changed much in the last millennium, have you? Still chasing around my sister, are you?"

 "I don't think that's any of your business, Tristan," you say coldly. "If Aurora is here, I would like to see her."

 "Tristan," you hear, "Is there any particular reason why you're attempting to terrorize Y/N?"

 Both you and Tristan turn to see Aurora herself walking towards you. She's glaring at her brother.

 "I was merely asking Y/N a few questions," Tristan replied.

 "Well, I would like us to have some time alone, if you don't mind," Aurora says. "I'm sure you have plenty of Strix business to worry about."

 Tristan looks from you to Aurora and says, "Very well. Don't get yourself into any trouble."

 Aurora rolls her eyes as he leaves. "I love him, but I swear, he is so annoying sometimes."

 You nod, staring at her. After 1,000 years, it's finally her, and you have no idea what to do. You hadn't really thought about what you would do once you found her, and you feel very awkward just standing there.

 Aurora smiles at you. "Y/N. It's been such a long time. Where have you been?" 

 "Well, I spent a lot of time looking for you," you answer.

 She looks surprised. "You've been spending the last millennium looking for me? Why?"

 You shrug. "I'm not sure, really. You are my sire, Aurora. I've always felt a pull towards you. And I really did miss you."

 Aurora looks like she doesn't know how to respond. "Um, I suppose I missed you, too. It would have been nice to have a friend around. Why are you here?"

 "When I found out that you came here, to New Orleans, and realized this is also where the Mikaelsons live, I made the connection. You came here to reunite with Klaus, didn't you?"

 "Well, so what if I did? It's not his fault we were separated, not really."

 "Aurora, it doesn't matter," you say. "He's probably moved on by now. He wasn't good enough for you, anyway."

 She smiles. "You're quite protective of your sire, aren't you? Well, you are bound to me, I suppose. But really, Y/N, the fact that you spent all this time trying to find me so we could be reunited, it's...it's very sweet, honestly."

 You smile back. "I'm glad you think so. I really am just concerned about you, Aurora."

 She nods. "I know. Come here." She holds out her arms and pulls you into a hug. It feels good to hug her, to be able to feel her and know that this probably isn't some kind of crazy dream.

 She pulls away and looks at you. Before you realize what's happening, she kisses you. Though you're a little surprised, you have no complaints, and kiss her back.

 When the kiss ends, she asks, "How long do you plan to stay in town?" 

 You shrug. "I don't know. Do you want me to stick around?"

 She nods. "I would. How we go for a walk about the city? You can tell me about where you've been for the last millennium."

 Holding hands, you walk away from the dreary Strix house and off to New Orleans.