Nadia Petrova #2

It has been a while since you can remember feeling anything. Honestly, you haven't felt anything in a long time. In another time, you would never have thought turning off your humanity is a good idea, but Cade didn't left you with much of a choice. So, here you are, a murderer with no feelings at all, something that once would have horrified you.

~~~~~~

 You are driving along the road, on your way to what would probably be your next kill. You see what looks like a person, standing in the road up ahead. You aren't going to stop for some idiot standing in the middle of the road, you think. Who even does that, especially at night?

 But as you get closer, your headlights shine on the person, and you see their face. And then you press down on the gas pedal as hard as you can, but not fast enough before you hit her with your car.

 You get out and look around. She's lying in the road, not moving, but you know she isn't dead. You watch as she slowly gets up off the ground, and turns to look at you.

 "Hello, Y/N," she says. "I've been looking for you."

 It is Nadia Petrova, the woman you once loved, before you were trapped in the life you're in now.

 "What do you want, Nadia?" you ask. "What are you even doing here?"

 "You're easier to track than you obviously think. I wanted to see you, to talk to you, the way we used to."

 "Now's not a good time," you say, and head back towards your car.

 You hear a whoosh, and Nadia is standing in front of you.

 "This isn't you, Y/N," she says. "I know it isn't, because I know you. This is Cade's influence on you. He made you turn your humanity off, and made you be something you never would have chosen to be."

 "Well, maybe you didn't know me as well as you thought you did," you snap, and push past her, but she grabs you by the arm.

 "I know you," she says, "The real you. And this is not it."

 "Nadia, why do you insist on this?" you ask. "Why can't you just leave me be?"

 "I can't leave you be because I love you!" she practically screams. And then, in a softer voice, "I have for so long. I love you, Y/N. I know you loved me. I could feel it."

 You sigh. "Yeah. Maybe I did once. But that was then, Nadia."

 "But it can happen again."

 "No, you're just desperate. Would you just let me past?"

 "No." She wraps her hands around your forearms and hold tight. "Look at me, Y/N. The real you is still in there, and I want him to know I love him. I love you."

 She pulls you towards her and kisses you. You had already begun to feel something before, but with the kiss, all of the feelings that had disappeared come flooding back. You remember the day you met Nadia, how you became friends, how you fell in love.

 "Nadia," you breathe.

 She looks into your eyes, and seems to know that it's you. She smiles and hugs you.

 "I'm sorry," you say as you hug her back. "I love you, too. I don't I even care what Cade has to say about that. I'll figure out something, I promise, and I will go anywhere with you, wherever you want. I swear, I'm yours."

 "Good," she says, "Because now that I have you back, you have no idea how tightly I plan to hold onto you."