Nadia Petrova #3

Mystic Falls, 1868

 You hadn't really been enjoying the party that night. Usually, you don't mind having to stay, but tonight you really think you would have preferred to stay home and read instead. It's the same old thing as always, and nothing and no one that's been particularly.

 You feel someone's shoulder brush against yours. "Oh. Excuse me."

 You find yourself face-to-face with a woman you've never seen before. The two of you stare at each other for a moment, and then she gives you a small smile and says, "Good evening. I do not believe we have met."

 "No...we haven't," you say. "I am Y/F/N Y/L/N." 

 She nods. "Pleased, Mr./Ms. Y/L/N. I am Nadia Petrova. Do you live here, in Mystic Falls?"

 "I have lived here my entire life," you answer.

 "Ah. Then perhaps you can help me." 

 This Ms. Petrova links her arm through yours, and the two of you walk to a less populated part of the ballroom, an corner, really.

 "I have been looking for someone," she says, "A woman whom I believe was here some years ago. Have you ever met a woman named Katherine Pierce?"

 Katherine Pierce. Old memories from a few years before surface in your mind. There was a young woman with that name living at the Salvatore house. Your friend Stefan told you of her beauty, and of his love for her, but you never met her yourself.

 "She was here," you say, "Four years ago. Stefan Salvatore, my friend, said she was an orphan from Atlanta. She was staying at the Salvatore house. I believe Stefan and his brother Damon were both in love with her."

 "Were they? Do you where I can find the Mr. Salvatores?"

 You shake your head. "You can't. They have both been dead for four years."

 "Ah. And...whatever became of Katherine Pierce?"

 "I assume she is dead as well. I honestly do not know for certain. If...I may ask, why is Ms. Pierce so important to you?"

 "Ms. Pierce is an old family member I have been trying to find for quite some time," she says. "I am sorry to hear of your friend's death, and of Ms. Pierce's possible death. I think I should leave."

 "Wait. You don't want to stay for the rest of the party?"

 She shakes her head. "I should leave now, or I many not be able to find what I am looking for."

 You watch her slip through the crowd and exit the house. Some of the pain you felt from Stefan's sudden death spouts up again, reminding you of the fact that you lost a good friend four years ago.

 But now you have the mystery of Nadia Pretova to think about.