Hayley Marshall #5

You absolutely love your girlfriend Hayley. The problem is getting her daughter's approval.

 "Why don't you just try spending time with her?" Hayley asks you. "She's a good kid."

 You shrug. "I don't know. She might not like me. Her father already doesn't like me."

 "Y/N, Klaus doesn't like anyone. And I'm kind of an honorary Mikaelson, so he's probably just being his insanely overprotective self."

 "Well, now that she knows we're dating, she might decide she doesn't like me."

 Hayley sighs. "Okay. I think you and Hope should spend some time together. How about while I'm out tomorrow, you go to the compound and spend some quality time together?"

 "Will Klaus be there?" you ask.

 "Probably, but Elijah and Freya are around, and I'm sure they'll keep him from doing anything rash."

 "You don't sound very sure."

 "Look, Y/N, would you just say yes, already?" she snaps.

 You sigh. "Fine. I'll go, and I'll try to bond with Hope. And avoid Klaus as much as possible."

~~~~~~

 You walk over to the little table where Hope is sitting with her art supplies.

 "These are some great drawings," you say, genuinely impressed.

 She smiles. "Thanks. Mom says I get it from my dad. He paints, too."

 "Oh." You hadn't thought of Klaus as an artist. "Um, can I join you?"

 She nods. "Sure."

 You sit down next to her.

 "So," you say, "I guess you heard that I'm dating your mother now."

 She nods. "Mm-hmm. I don't think my dad likes the idea, though."

 "Oh. Well, your mom said your dad is probably just concerned about her well-being. But you don't have to worry about me," you add quickly. "Actually, I was wondering how you feel about it."

 She shrugs. "I don't know. You seem nice. You must be okay if Mom likes you."

 "Well, I certainly hope I'm okay," you say. "I think I can handle you dad not being fond of me, but I was hoping that you and I would be able to get along well, maybe even be friends. What do you think?" 

 She shrugs again. "I guess we could try being friends. I think Mom would want me to try."

 You nod. "She definitely wants me to try, so I'm glad you're willing to go for it."

~~~~~~

 "Hey." Hayley smiles and gives you a quick kiss. "Well? How did it go?"

 "Not bad," you answer. "I think Hope and I are on the path to friendship, and Klaus only interrupted us once."

 "That's good. Both of those. I told you it would work out. You got to have a little more faith, Y/N."