Freya Mikaelson #2

You are there, waiting, when Freya Mikaelson awakes from her centuries-long sleep.

 She opens her beautiful eyes, blinks a few times, and glances around the room. Then her gaze lands on you. "Y/N? What are you doing here?"

 "I was waiting for you to wake up," you say. "But you're up now, so I don't have to wait anymore."

 "How long has it been?" Freya asks, sitting up. 

 "Many centuries by now."

 "That long, huh?" She doesn't seem very surprised. "Have you actually been waiting for me to wake up all this time?"

 You nod. "Yeah, I have. Of course I've waited for you, Freya."

 She looks away from you. "Wow. Talk about true friendship."

 "Is that you thought we were?" you ask. "Just friends?"

 "That's what we were, wasn't it?" She stands up and stretches. "One of the downsides of being unconscious for multiple centuries is you get pretty stiff."

 "You're trying to change the subject, Freya," you say. "Did you think we could have been something more than friends?"

 "Well, we never got the chance to find out, did we," she points out.

 "We didn't then," you admit. "But what about now?"

 "Y/N, I just woke up."

 "And I have been waiting centuries just for this moment with you."

 She sighs and smiles. "That was quite the commitment. I always did like you, Y/N, far more than I told you."

 "And I liked you, too," you reply. "I still do."

 You walk over to her and pull her into a kiss. To your delight, she wraps her arms around your shoulders and kisses you back.

 "I actually wondered what that might be like," she says when the kiss is over.

 "Does that mean my hopes of you returning my feelings are coming true?" you ask. 

 "Y/N, it's been true for a long time. I've always cared about you, from the beginning." She looks around the room. "Do you happen to know someplace a little less dreary where we can talk?"

 "Of course I do. Come on, let's get out of here."

 You depart hand in hand.