Davina Claire #2

It has been months since you last spoke a word. Your best friend Jahziah was killed during a fight between some vampires and werewolves, and no one realized how much it affected you. Grief turned to depression, and you just stopped talking entirely. You still did your usual work, and eventually everyone gave up trying to get you to talk again.

 Except one person: Davina Claire. The two of you had flirted with each other a lot before Jahziah's death, and for months she constantly tries to get you to talk again, doing and saying anything and everything that comes to mind.

 "I wish he would just say something to me," you hear her say to Josh once. "I miss his voice. He was always fun to talk to."

 You still do not say a word.

~~~~~~ 

 You are hanging around the compound the day Davina has an idea. She doesn't the idea of having to do it, but if it will get you to talk, so be it.

 "I heard there's been more problems between the vampires and the werewolves," she says in a casual tone. "A lot more fighting's been going on." 

 You think back to the night Jahziah was killed, and something inside you begins to boil.

 "After everything that's happened," you say, "With Jahziah dying, and everyone else that's been hurt, this is still happening? What did Jahziah die for, then, if it wasn't going to stop?"

 She smiles. "Y/N. You just spoke." She throws her arms around you and hugs you. "It actually worked."

 You hug her back, a little surprised at the sound of your own voice after all these months of silence. It actually feels kind of good to talk to Davina.

 And then, of course, Klaus Mikaelson happens. You hear him respond to something Elijah said.

 "Jahziah was no help at all, Elijah. Yes, he was intelligent, but he was practically useless when he was here, wasn't he?"

 Hearing Klaus talk about your friend like that only intensifies the anger you feel. You let go of Davina and turn around to attack him.

 "Y/N!" You are suddenly flying through the air, back towards Davina. When you hit the ground, she pulls you up and says, "Come on, let's go."

 "Let go of me, Davina," you say as she brings you to her room.

 "I am not letting you attack Klaus," she says firmly. "He'll kill you, and you know it."

 "You don't understand, Davina," you say. "Did you not hear what he said? Jahziah is dead, and he was just trashing his memory! I would like to-"

 You are stopped mid-sentence as Davina reaches up and kisses you. You throw your passion into that, wrapping your arms around her.

 "I missed you," she says. "I missed being able to talk to you all this time. I know you've been grieving, but my God, Y/N, you could have talked to me. I would have listened to you."

 She wraps her arms around your waist, and you keep your arms around her. It felt good to yell and let all your anger out. Now that you were getting used to hearing yourself talk again, you know the perfect person to talk to is Davina.