Kol Mikaelson #4

You've had a bad day at work, and were looking forward to just going home and staying in for the entire evening. However, when you get to your apartment building, your boyfriend Kol is standing outside.

 "Hey. What are you doing here?" you ask.

 "Waiting for you to get home," he replies. "I thought you might need to do something fun after a day at work."

 You sigh. "Oh, Kol. You know I love going out and having fun with you."

 "Great, then let's."

 You shake your head. "That's not what I meant. I had a really long day, I'm really tired, and I'm in a pretty bad mood. Trust me, you do not want to hang out with this me."

 "I don't see why I wouldn't want to," he says. "So, you don't really want to go out, then. Well, we can have a night in, then."

 "A night in?" you repeat. "That doesn't sound like your kind of thing."

 "It isn't, usually," he admits, "But there's a first time for everything. We can have a quiet dinner, watch a movie. You seem like you could do with a quiet evening in. So, I can come up?"

 You smile. "Yeah, why not? Come on up."

 While you go to change into something more comfortable, Kol surprises you with a show of cooking skills by making dinner himself.

 "This is actually really good," you say. "I didn't know you can cook."

 "I actually don't cook much," he admits, "But for you, I've done my best."

 After dinner, the two of you curl up together on the sofa, your head resting against his shoulder.

 "For a movie night tonight," he says, "I'd say we should with something more romantic. Which of these would you prefer?"

 You shrug. "Have you seen any of them?"

 "No."

 "Then you pick," you say. "I've seen them all already."

 At some point during the movie, you think about how nice it is to have a quiet evening together and ending falling asleep.

~~~~~~

 When you wake up the next morning, you still on the sofa, and now with a blanket wrapped  around you. Kol is gone, and your apartment is perfectly neat, possibly neater than it was yesterday. There's a note from Kol on the coffee table.

 Thought I ought to leave you alone for the night and let you get some sleep. Hope you have a better day today.

 You smile, fold up the note, and go to get your day started.